S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some problems with my 2000 s10. It's got the 4.3 v6. When you start it up, the rpms go to about 2000 rpm and holds for a few seconds, then drops down. Then when you put it into reverse or drive, the rpms go to about 1500 Rpms and feels as it wants to take off. Also when you drive down the road, when you hit about 30mph, it feels as if cruise control kicks on because when you let off the gas, it keeps going at the same speed and the Rpms don't go down. At least not until you come to a complete stop then it seems fine again. But I did also notice if you have the AC/heat on when your driving, it usually will not have the problem at 30 mph. But as soon as you turn the switch off, it'll start doing it. I have no idea why this is. I have replaced my iac valve, tps, air filter, cleaned my maf sensor, and now i am not sure what to do. Any kind of suggestions would help.

·
Pneumatic Fanatic
489 Posts
To be 100% honest Im not sure. I have never messed around with 4.3 and Im not a "motor man" anyway. I mostly deal with suspension and chassis fabrication, sorry. Have you tried posting this in the 4.3 section of the forum? Someone may be able to help better over there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok i have a 2000 S-10 2.2L extreme Ls and i am having trouble getting it to starting! this is what i have done to it so far.. i have changed the spark plugs,wires,both coil packs,starter,and fuel filter,and also the idle control sensor on top of the throttle body! oh and its a standard not an automatic..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts