S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
un banned
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well all i can say is that my truck was perfectly fine untill i took everything apart to get it painted. i didnt really mess with anything under the hood, but i took my interior completely apart. including the dash. now im trying to put everything back together and something isnt right. my battery dies over night, my fuel gauge isnt working and the airbag light, low fuel light, check engine light, abs light, security and my right blinker lights are on on my gauge cluster and my enging doesnt seem to be running right.

its an 03 s10, 4.3

i dont have an alarm, but i do have an autolok shaved door kit with starter kill. i double checked everything and it seems to be fine.

i already checked all my fuses.

my dash is still out of the truck, but i plugged everything back in and it didnt help at all.

i really need help. i gotta address this before everything goes back together.

·
un banned
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the dash is just an empty shell right now. i plugged everything electrical back in to see if that would fix the problem and nothing.. i dont get it. everything was fine before i took the shit apart. im lost.

·
un banned
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i doubt it.. i didnt really mess with any of those. i dont think my shit would run at all if i cut the fuel pump ground.

·
un banned
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep. i noticed it when i pulled it onto the trailer. i still cant figure it out. i just went through and checked everything again.

·
un banned
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay, im going crazy now. ive been ****in with this thing all day. i now have EVERY single little thing, no matter how insignifigant, hooked up. still not working. anyone?

·
un banned
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, i just did that a couple times.. didnt work. im starting to think maybe my gauge cluster is bad. i guess im gonna try to find someone who has one i can borrow.

·
un banned
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
i just TRIPPLE checked every little thing. i cant find anything wrong.. there has to be someone out there that can tell me why my gauges arent working. i know i cant figure it out. also, i tried swapping out the gauge cluster and that didnt help either.

·
its lime time!
1,233 Posts
that will happen if your grounds are not hooked up, mainly under hood grounds, trust me if one ground wire is not hokked up it can **** shit up.. ive had the problem before, make sure you have every sigle ground hooked up, make sure a good ground form the battery to the frame if hooked up, and then a good one from the frame to the body, and you shoudl be ok.

·
un banned
9,196 Posts
okay well i tried swapping ecus with a friend who has a truck of the same year and shit and still nothing.. turns out my ecu is fine. but when i got home and plugged it back in, my truck wont start now. ****in thing wont even start. seriously, im just about done with this shit. i came very very close to hitting my truck with a bat a little while ago.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts