S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Med School member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out of town this weekend, and my truck started freakin out.

It wouldn't start. All the lights and stuff work fine, and battery is fine. But when I would rock the truck, it would start. It's like theres a wiring short or something. Almost like there is a short where the Clutch sensor is. You know that sensor when you have to have the clutch in to start it. Well I do....sometimes it will start, sometimes it wont. Anyone know anything???

PLEASE help!

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
try

Try slamminghte clutch to the floor. Mine has done htis a couple of times. its like the clutch switch jiggles away from where it supposed to be or soemthing. try pushing really hard onthe pedal and see if it starts,

then maybe also my negative battery cable has a bad habit of coming loose, not really coming off just loosining enough sothe truck wont want to start, try that too.

·
Med School member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the Neg wire is loose will the power to everything else stay on? Just wont kick over though?

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
yes

Yes it has done that too me once, when the truck is running you can see hte radio/ac lights kinda flickering alittle and that is agood indicator that the loose wire may be a problem.

Did you get my message about the K&N intake? Just wondering if it was on back order from your supplier or from K&N directly?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Do you have the passlock security, that maybe whats causin it. My sensor started flippin out and i had to get it replaced. It shuts off the fuel so the engine will turn but wont have gas so no start.

·
Med School member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not for sure if I have the passlock or not.

Good question...guess I'll have to look at my window sticker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts