S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Static Slammed
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres some new pics of the s-dime since i posted pictures last i shaved the tailgate, got rid of the visor and redid my dashboard and installed some SS mirrors, next is keyless entry which is in the mail and im looking for some 16 inch rims and low profile tires right now, and im gonna order a grant racing steering wheel (maybe today), i have a pioneer cd player for it but i need the install kit, checkmate fiberglass tonneau and im gonna buy a hood and air ride after that

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Looks pretty good, when are ya gonna get that thing painted though!?!?

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
looking good. looks about 18945693873734 times betta without the lund bump on the front. :D

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Do you have a driver side airbag? I don't think a Grant steering wheel is worth more than your life.

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
nope, his is a 94.

·
ANGRY BABY!
2,379 Posts
wow. the non-airbag steering wheels are ugly as sin.

otherwise, nice truck man. looks pretty good.

·
Registered
726 Posts
97S10SS said:
Do you have a driver side airbag? I don't think a Grant steering wheel is worth more than your life.
well then you probably shouldnt be driving an S10
I dont know about your area but around here s10's seem to have a MAJOR problem with the airbags not deploying even in heavy front end impacts
trucks with the 2nd gen airbag system dont seem to be as prone to this issue but they still have some serious problems going on

I am convinced that even if I am in a serious head on accident that the airbag in my truck aint gonna do crap
cause it aint gonna deploy
and when that happens
GM will be getting a call from my lawyer

although I am also a firm believer that airbags cause as much harm as they do good
especially with women and people of a smaller size

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
when i was little me and my mom had an accident... it was a t-bone... we hit the side of the other car with the front of ours... her bag went off, i did not have one... we were both wearing our seatbelts... since then she has highly limited neck rotation, and two bone fusion operations with metal plate, and an experimental operation that cuts off feeling to the nerves in her neck so that she can have a better quality of life... total of 3 operations and the last did not work... she still is in pain everyday, i dont think you wanna know her feelings about airbags.

·
Static Slammed
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
that steering wheel sure is ugly isnt it, heres the one is was thinkin of getting its 25 bucks from JEGS this is how it looks in 13.5 inch and i have 700 saved up so far so in 2 or 3 months i should have enough for bags woohoo! i could get it sooner if i just bought the front and did the back later but ill probly just do it all at once

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
your truck will look even lower than mine when its bagged because of your body kit. and yeah, im sure me and don can and will help ya out picking out your components, and also with the install.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts