S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
B&B Customs
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well so this morning I get a call from a friend of mine whos shop we were planning on bagging the front of my S10 this weekend. (due to he has a plasma and all the right tools) Says that he walked in his shop this morning and noticed that all my stuff was gone from where we had left it last night. Well one of his employees stayed late working we left to go to his sons baseball game just told him to lock up when he is done. As of right now the guy is no where to be found. Cops said they would "look in to it" But said with things like this that its hard to do anything with. His insurance company said since its a afterhours thing without a ticket on it they cant prove that the stuff was really there. Even tho him and all the rest of the workers state it was there. Since I bought it all used from a GI that is leaving for Iraq I dont have a recept or anything paid cash for it. (stuff was only a couple of months old got a great deal on it) So as of right now Im out of the $350 I paid or:

Bag cups (not SDs but they were really nice)
Conti 2600s
Belltech Spindles
5 gal tank
Viair 480
Check Valves
Leader hose
50' of 1/2 airline
50' of 1/4 airline
2 KP dual needle gauges
1 KP single needle gauge
water trap
fittings

The only thing I didnt lose were the 1/2 Danz valves because I just pulled them off the guys truck last night. The switches cuz I put them in the truck already and wires cuz I just bought them last night. What has this world come to that you cant prep to bag your stuff anymore. I work hard just like everyone else to work on my truck. And for someone to just take something thats was only sitting there for less then a day! So I can start it today around noon is BS. Let me find the guy. I really feel like I have no hope. Cuz the kids parents dont know where he is cuz they kicked him out of there house like 2 months ago. My boy says he is a great worker and doesnt think it would be him. Cops say if they cant find him they cant do anything. His insurance company wont do anything cuz its not on a ticket. He said that he would help me pay for as much as he can out of his own pocket since it happened at his shop. But I dont think me or him should have too. If I put this in the wrong forum Sorry but I learned everything I know about bagging trucks here so I thought it belonged here. End of rant. :rant:

·
Registered
378 Posts
wow i would be ready to kill some one, bout a month a go some asshole stole about 800 worth of tools out of my truck in front of my house, truck was locked and i just have liability on my daily.

kinda hard to work without tools, guess nobody respects any bodys shit any more

·
B&B Customs
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I know the whole getting tools stolen. Being a bodyman. I have to lock my box if I cant see it. Which sucks when you got to dig your keys out to open it get what you want lock it back up and go back to what your working on.

·
6.2L 6L80 SFBD Procharged
8,461 Posts
kick his ass, sea bass!

J/k i hate it when You know who did it but do not have the evidence to said it to the guys face... I could never get past beating someones ass, and then finding out he did not do it...

·
B&B Customs
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Believe me I would beat him till he admited he did it. But I mean what can you do your damn if you do and damned if you dont!
:stickpoke :twak: :axe: :troutslap :bash: :lnv: :cs:

·
Sweet lemonade.
2,737 Posts
yea that sucks realy bad, but look on the bright side. it could have been $2,000 worth of brand new stuff.

hope you find the bastard.

·
I piss excellence
850 Posts
daum bro, sorry to hear that I'd be mad pissed too..But maybe he didnt lock it up or maybehad a friend who came and ganked it...dunno could be diff things first step is find this damn kid heh...good luck with that ever happens

·
B&B Customs
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea thats the biggest thing is finding him. But him not coming to work today and doing a no call no show is kinda a big hint to me. There is a million things that could of happen. But he walked in to a locked shop with a lot of money in tools and cars in the shop and the only thing missing is my bagged stuff.

·
6.2L 6L80 SFBD Procharged
8,461 Posts
You could always do what that guy did to his brother in the punisher movie and stab him to death...

Then he found out after the fact, he didn't have an affair with his wife and he had killed both of em.

·
2 Tone
1,884 Posts
AND thats why you take pictures of your shop and equipment so that you can send it to the insurance company. Good job man, you walked into getting yourself ripped off. Sucks anyway man, sorry to hear that people can steal shit like that. Good luck with the build

·
Hoods are overrated
12,693 Posts
you're lucky, at least your truck wasn't there to be taken also.

You have to be smart with anything mobile man, I have $15000 in my '86 and it sits in my garage all the time with the door locked. But i leave it laid out and also have a hidden shutoff switch wired to the ECM.

·
B&B Customs
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its my boys shop. Hell my truck has sat in that shop many of times. I have left many things including my rims that are stored there over the winter. Its like my own garage I have a set of keys to it but I help start the place at the sametime. You can say I left myself wide open if you want. I understand what your saying. Hell his 3 13w7s are in a box right beside where my shit was. Like the cops said if they wanted to steal stuff this should have been the last thing to take out of there.

·
NICE WELDS MAKE ME =)
367 Posts
los angeles huh, if what ive heard is true, i wouldnt trust my shit locked in a vault in that area. lol

·
B&B Customs
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually back in KS again. LA is nice but not a great place to live. Just been to lazy to switch all my shit back. Hell I didnt even like taking the truck out the garage when I live in LA. LOL

·
The Deftones
1,381 Posts
That sucks man I know how you feel over time ive had 4 stereos stolen from me. Sucks you just feel so shity when you find out and you want to kill the person that took it. I hate thiefs they all need to get a job and work for there shit they most people

·
B&B Customs
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea I been down that road. A alarm doesnt even slow down a good theif. If they want it they will take it. Seems like nothing is safe anymore. Thats why the truck is not to far from the bedroom window.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts