S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this Started out of no where on my 2002 s10 2.2L. 250,000 plus miles... Cruse control stopped working, turn signals stopped working, but flash my radio on and off when turn signals are on, but only when I have the lights off... When the lights are on, the turn signals don't even click on or off... No fuses are blown. I upgraded everything to led like 5 years ago and had no problems... would led lighting start causing this problem years later or is there another problem some where? thanks

·
Been there Done it
9,520 Posts
Did you just put the radio in?
Check the ground strap from the block to the firewall.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sir, radio has been in for 8 plus years... ground strap from block to fire wall? what is a block and where does it connect to firewall? thanks man

·
B4U Task Force Admin
26,177 Posts
No sir, radio has been in for 8 plus years... ground strap from block to fire wall? what is a block and where does it connect to firewall? thanks man
He means a ground strap from the engine block to the firewall.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the big three upgrade done, ground from motor to frame for sure?

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I found the problem, years ago I switched all my bulbs over to led, One of them was going out and made the whole system screwy... Cruse control still don't work though, any thoughts?

·
Been there Done it
9,520 Posts
That new of a truck has electronic cruise. They rarely fail. Likely the switch. Unfortunately it's part of the multi-failure switch in the column. They're on the pricey side and a bit of a PITA to replace. Before you start down that road check ALL your fuses. Underhood and dash end. The cruise is interconnected with both the CHMSL and the ABS. If either is not working properly it can effect the CC. Check the brake light switch also. And if it's a 5 speed the clutch switch. Then there is the little ball stud on the throttle body. I have a truck that it pops off of once in awhile.
I will also PM you the 2002 wiring diagrams.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That new of a truck has electronic cruise. They rarely fail. Likely the switch. Unfortunately it's part of the multi-failure switch in the column. They're on the pricey side and a bit of a PITA to replace. Before you start down that road check ALL your fuses. Underhood and dash end. The cruise is interconnected with both the CHMSL and the ABS. If either is not working properly it can effect the CC. Check the brake light switch also. And if it's a 5 speed the clutch switch. Then there is the little ball stud on the throttle body. I have a truck that it pops off of once in awhile.
I will also PM you the 2002 wiring diagrams.
You are the man!!! Thanks for all the information!! Ill be hunting down the problem this weekend, love my truck and miss the cruse control badly!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts