S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This $4X4 is driveing me nuts... I have down everything I have read about and still it does not go into4x4. I think it must be in the button cluster.. Has anyone had problems with the damn buttons.
When I push the 4 button there is a click on the passangers side and the 4 light flashes and then the 2 light comes back on. Sometimes when moving I hear a slight grinding of the front diff... but no engagement comes from that either. Funny thing is it has only been in 4X4 2 times since new in 2000. C'mon in and give me some advice.
Big Jim M.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey man a friend at work has had the trans computer replaced 6x's sumthing with the 2000 model year, his works through the winter and gives out in mid summer when he has it serviced hes owned it since Dec.'01

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooooh thanks Fastrack, you made me feel really great! Just what I needed to lift my spirits.
Big Jim M.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howdy Fastrack and remington that is what it is...damn! It is a stupid mama board (computer) which is under the hood and Chevrolet wants $474. + tax for it. Shit! For that kind of money I do not need the push buttons. Is there a bypass kit? It would have to work on the transfer case as well as the front axel... damn, damn.. makes me lose ,my breath at the price.
Big Jim M.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts