S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

has anyone gotten their pcv off? I don't mean it like that

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  The Master 
#1 ·
The new one I got looks like the pcv is suppose to just pull out of the valve cover. has anyone replace theirs? thanks for any help, later

#3 ·
98 and up S-10's don't have PCV valves.......Sorry man, its just a hose that leads to the block, no filter, no valve.....if they sold you something like that for your 98 S-10, their computer is wrong, and you got ripped off....maybe you shoulda checked the hose leading to the block......

Caleb

#4 ·
summer wolf:
you don't know what you're talking about. they do have pcv's in the valve cover. maybe you sh9ouldn't help people if you don't know what you're talking about. it's in the book, in the computer, and in the damn engine.

#6 ·
Um okay, look at the back of the intake......98 and up 2.2's don't have PCV valves...that stands for positive crankcase ventilation......

Okay, our intake is just a hose that leads to a nipple that gives air....it does not go through a PCV valve, we've been over this a catrillion times....Haynes manuals list them as having one, but they don't.....4.3's have PCV valves...2.2's don't....sorry, I'm right, you're both wrong...have a nice day, and don't ever tell me I don't know what the **** I'm talking about

Caleb

#7 ·
Ya know, it seems that some people just feel the need to be DIC*S about things. I never said you didnt know anything. But heres the deal. Were both right in a way. 1998 and newer uses a pcv orifice. Instead of a one way check valve like the usual style. This orifice can become clogged. By removing and cleaning it can be returned to normal. Does it have a valve...Technically no. But an orifice does act as one. Also, just cause it seems you may not know...Never seen a PCV that came off the Intake...Crankcase venting is accomplished from the valve covers or lifter valley...So take your attitude and have a nice day. Oh and by the way. With the way his sig is setup I didn't originally notice it had a 2.2. Maybe I should have lasix done so I can see as clearly as you can.....Your basically the reason for the post...THE BULLSHI* HAS TO STOP....Maybe you should read it.....:nono: :dunno:

#8 ·
It just pisses me off, I used to mod this forum, and he's telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, and then someone with a 4.3, while we like to hear about stuff that can apply to both engines, its 4 cylinder performance.....they're too different engines, I lurk in the V6 section sometimes, but never say yes hes right, no hes wrong type things to people in there cause I never know about that.......

yes the nipple can get clogged, but you can clean that off easily enough, and it rarely gets clogged......I just hate seeing this topic keep coming up, and I'd return that PCV valve as quick as possible for your money back, cause you got ripped

Caleb

#10 ·
LOL, thanks doubledown......I just hate seeing recurring topics, and the only reason I posted....."maybe you should've checked" return that cause you got ripped...

is cause......maybe he should've checked to make sure that particular part would be applicable to his engine (I wouldn't buy anything I didn't KNOW go on my engine or whatever I'm working on.....) And He should return it because....well, he got ripped

Who knows, maybe they sold him a new nipple and just called it a PCV, but I know my local auto zone has PCV valves for 97 and below marked as a 98 and up......and they sell you the wrong **** cause one of my buddies was asking me about it and he got sold a PCV valve.....he didn't need one, but his nipple was clogged, so we got a new nipple from advanced when auto zone told him that was the part over and over......But come on guys.....if I ever have any doubts on anything I will always say "don't quote me" or "I'm not sure about that" but when I'm positive.....I give the correct info....thank you....

Caleb

#11 ·
listen summerwolf. I don't feel like doing this bickering crap. call a chevy dealer. that nipple you're talking about IS the pcv valve. it's in the manuals at pep boys, autozone, abc. if you look upo fuel filters or air filters there is a list of things for at the top for each vehicle. pcv is one of them for the 98 s10. I didn't get ripped off and i'll prove it when i replace it this weekend. it doesn't look like a pcv valve because it's half burried in the valve cover. I know there is one on my 2.2. i'm done with this post. later everybody.

#12 ·
Hey sum. My original reason for jumping on you was the way you handled it. Yeah he handled it wrong too but you don't know. you assume everyone to be a master mechanic and know what you know. If we don't ask questions we don't learn. Wasn't a put down to you. You would think as a former moderator you would have a little more patience but I geuss not...........Sorry I bothered you with my comments. As for double down....Dude, when you get some more time hear, than spout off....As far as the dyno sheet go's, I posted my reason, it's been accepted by 99% of the people hear. If you don't know the whole story don't say a word till you do.....Your no help. Your like the wiseass little kid in the corner just shootin cracks off. I was a man, told why I did it and took the ****. I'm done...

#13 ·
Tribal.....ok man, have fun.....that nipple does yank out the valve cover, but its not a true pcv valve....its just a one way opening....

Later

And the only reason I got mod status revoked is cause I got too busy with my truck and my girlfriend and didn't respond to one of those gay assed "mods please check in things" Oh I'm sorry, actually WORKING on my truck is more important than talking about it on the internet......

Again, Have fun with the "PCV" valve, you ****ing cumbucket.....I'm trying to help you, and you're being an assjockey.....IM RIGHT!!! PEPBOYS IS WRONG!! The haynes manual is wrong.....Chevy might CALL it a PCV valve in their manual for convenience...but just clean the damn thing, don't replace it and you'll save money!! I can quote about 30 people all agreeing with me, you can have like one person who still thinks their is a PCV valve......There are several topics about this, just do a search on it and you'll find them all.....IM TRYING TO SAVE YOU A COUPLE BUCKS AND YOU WONT FREAKING BELIEVE ME

WHAT THE HELL....try to help someone out and they give up listening cause they can't believe a brand new engine uses something non-conventional....good job......have fun, whatever

Caleb

#14 ·
ya know what what summer. f this site. it sucks. it's the same old ****. every other post is about an intake or something old as hell. i'm staying with the site i've been with. at least there people don't write back and forth bickering. i called chevy it IS a pcv valve. see ya, later, peace out. sorry i dot your panties in a bunch. have fun wasting your time trying to explain everything because i don't care. call me names if it makes you feel better. I don't think you even have a truck, because people who drive trucks don't act like 6-year-olds. as for the rest of, at least you're mature not to call people names because they disagree with you. summerwolf, if a buddy said it was hot out, and you thought it was cold, would you call him a cum-bucket? later

#16 ·
Ok i rarely make an appearance on here and I rarely have to close threads....but this one has obviously made the list.

First off: I am not going to get into this debate on whether it is a PCV or nipple.

Second: The name calling is childish. Everyone involved needs to realize that just because someone does not agree with you does not mean to rip them a new arshole.

Third: As far as this site is concerned. I do not like the fact that someone is gonna leave, but that is your choice to do so. I am not going to stop you. But to comeon here and say that we have the same rhetoric over and over again and that other sites dont is not true. I have seen the same things repeated over and over on all other s10 sites out there. It is not exclusive to this site.

Fourth: If you have an issue with me closing this thread then you have a few choices.
a: Cry a river
b: go on with life

This thread has not served a purpose but to belittle others and start name calling. I regretfully close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.