S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you have a wholesale hookup, buy MA audio. ~175ea for 12"s.
If your buying retail i prefer the Sound Stream SPLs, i don't know there exact price though. IMO 140 per sub is a little low to be spending to expect any SPL.

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
go with rockford

if you go the the store and look at the rockford power hx2. they are the hardest hitting sub that i know of. they can max at 1000w. but price i am not to shere about. good luck man.
peace outy
EcKo

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm not knocking the hx2s, they are very good subs for the price, but I would NEVER go by any of the ratings Rockford puts on there products. There is no way that sub could take 1000w peak hits on a daily basis. I see them returned to BB when being pushed by a 750w Rockford amp. Still good subs though for the $$$.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
ive always like image dynamics, or kicker. my friend has 2 10 inch kicker impulses that pound. i was suprised, i thought they were 12's cuz they sounded like my old 12 in compvrs

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
01Cory How much could you get a 600watt amp for?

M280i 600 Watt 2- Channel
Amplifiers
Retail $289.00
Discount $104.05
ONLY $184.95

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
the hardest hittin subs that i hve heard r the crossfire bmf w10d. they take 500-1400 contious watts. i paid about 225 apiece for them tho. but i love them.
Crossfire

·
I GOT BLING-BLING
607 Posts
mtl_hed said:
I'm not knocking the hx2s, they are very good subs for the price, but I would NEVER go by any of the ratings Rockford puts on there products. There is no way that sub could take 1000w peak hits on a daily basis. I see them returned to BB when being pushed by a 750w Rockford amp. Still good subs though for the $$$.
Thats funny, because i'm pushing two hx2 10's off of a bd1500.1 amp at 2ohms, and haven't had a problem.

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
750 rockford amp is probably what the amp is rated at normally. Question is what does the birthcertificate show. Most likely 1000.

Rockford makes some tight sounding subs.

Kicker solo barics are good,hx2 and kicker XPL.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you want hard hitting then why do u want 10's?? Ur choice nonetheless, but id tell you to check out a Boston Pro series 10.

·
Registered
35 Posts
if your going to post on another car audio webpage you should prolly post this question at termpro.com. sounddomain is also pretty decent sometimes. most of the replies posted here are about what they would post over at a car audio site though. L7's are good for the money, hx2's are alright, your best bet would be to go audition the subs for yourself, just because i like the way the L7's sound doesn't mean you will and vice versa for any subs out there

·
Registered
98 Posts
id stay away from vegas atleast subs anyways...ive never had any luck with them..alwasy blowing out....awesome componet sets though

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
my .02

I've heard alot of different subs from going to the local sound-offs up here, and so far the hardest hitting 10" subs that I've heard have been from Audiobahn. Not sure if they have those in the US but they are available up here in Canada. Heres a link..
http://www.audiobahninc.com/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts