S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so the front of my frontier is fundamentally the exact same as the hardbody, so what did you guys do with you stabilizer bar that runs from the lower control arm to the front of the vehicle. im gettin ready to bag the front and thats one of my last roadblocks....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no you don't with just the torsion bars down the bar hits the steering linkages on bad roads or bumps, any lower and its gonna break or bend, something has to be done with it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i had a 97 hardbody that was bagged on pathfinder wheels and i left them in no problem. the only issue i had was when i turned the brake line bolt in the caliper would rub the bag but no one else that i talked to ever had that problem

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,980 Posts
a torsion bar is the spring for that suspension, so it really isnt needed since you are replacing it with an airspring, just in a different spot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It can be relocated to the rear of the control arm. Run a piece of tubing from the lower control arm to the frame hooked to a 4link bar end that will allow it to move with the lower control arm.

Pic courtesy of finalfrontier on nissancustoms.com

·
Registered
454 Posts
i helped bag a friends. my friend unbolted them, cut off the brackets under the raidiator. then re welded the brackets to the other side of the arm on frame and the bar welded to the arm

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so you moved the stock ones how, i didn't understand where you reloacted em, the link bar idea is good, just not low budget like reusing the stock ones. im thinking that i could possibly reloacte them slightly straighter and clear steering linkages... is this what you were saying?

·
Registered
454 Posts
ill assume your talkin to me soo.....

we unbolted the bar off the arm and cut the brackets clean off the frame.put them on the other side be welding the bracket on the frame under the firewall and my friend most likely had to trim the bar and just welded it straight to the arm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
ah i see you totally flip it, you guys had any problems out of these setups....
gonna be layin on 26in tires the rear is ready to go, the fronts just gotta get done, how did you leave them on and lay? right now im running 16's on 40 series this gives me the capability to lay with fender wells till next spring when i go with the 20's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts