S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
YAO! Can I write a check?
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no experience with hardlines pertaining to air suspension. Can someone maybe link me to a how-to or post some info please.

What I am confused about is the fittings really, do you flare the lines and then use flare fittings and then adapt to NPT?

Any info would be appreciated

·
lame-o
792 Posts
haha
I guess my post on the ranger board isn't good enough?

j/k

I happen to have a parker catalog with me now
if you use STEEL lines you can flare them to 45 degrees and use SAE flare nuts and fittings

parker pn# examples:

long nut for 3/8" tubing: 41FL-6
3/8" male NPT with 5/8-18 : 48F-6-6

voila' i told you get a parker catalog!
:eek:)

If you wanna do satainless, you must flare them to 37 degrees and use all AN style fittings which could get pretty pricey

I would just use steel with the 45 degree flare over using a compression ot PTC on steel tube
that's just me though!

t

·
YAO! Can I write a check?
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not all that smart, Can you break this down for me a bit? what makes the seal between the Flare of the line and where it goes into the valve or bag or whatever?

Maybe some sort of drawing or something would help, I looked at those links, but there were like 500 different things in there.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
no, compression fittings and flare fittings are two differenting things. In not 100% sure, but I belive that the flare fitting seals its self when you tighten it down, If you give me a sec I will try to find a pic

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
The first pic shows the fitting that goes ont the flared hard line. It tapers inward and has the threads on it.

The second pic shows the hard line flared with the threaded piece on. I belive you put the threaded piece on before you flare it and then when you tighten the two threads toghether it pulls the first fitting into the taper on the line.

The second pic shows both fittings

1 - 12 of 12 Posts