S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
do you mean a extreme setup for real road racing or just a regular setup for autocross and such

Extreme:
Coilovers(carrera or QA1 makes one) high settings 800lbs or more and spindles
rear 4link setup with another set of coilovers, rear sway bar
a good limited slip(thorsen style would be good)
ZQ8 steering box
a reallly good set of race compound tires, 16in max unless you need the 17in to clear the brakes
bigger brakes, 12in rotors 4piston calipers, race compound pads

Regular setup
ZQ8 stuff all around(springs, leafs, steering box, rear sway), forget the front sway
spindles and blocks to level everything out
a nice set of performance tires same size as above
a good limited slip

thats all i can remember now

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,240 Posts
Regular setup
ZQ8 stuff all around(springs, leafs, steering box, rear sway), forget the front sway
a good limited slip

thats all i can remember now [/B][/QUOTE]

Why would you leave out the sway bar???:dunno:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Rhotpursuit said:
Regular setup
a good limited slip

thats all i can remember now

Why would you leave out the sway bar???:dunno: [/B][/QUOTE]
stock sway is going to be adequate, most autocrossers have learned that huge swaybars can make understeer worse. Swaybars just make the truck flatter in turns, doesnt really increase grip, but in terms of suspension dynamics it goes against normal movement, its pushing the outside wheel down and pulling the inside wheel up, which can cause understeer, its better to just let the vehicle lean over

its much better for handling to just run a stiffer spring than a giant stiff swaybar

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
wouldnt go blocks either id go leafs over blocks if the 4 link/coilover isnt gonan happen..

·
Registered
920 Posts
HuTcH said:
wouldnt go blocks either id go leafs over blocks if the 4 link/coilover isnt gonan happen..
well a standard ZQ8 leaf isnt gonna give much drop compared to a probally 3-4 inch drop up front, but 4link is best(next to a full blown independent rear)
long as it isnt a big block it shouldnt matter 1-2in

ohhh i forgot caltracs although i havent figured out how they would effect handling at the limits, but with sticky tires and a LSD there is probally gonna be hella wheelhop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts