S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any-one know about tailgate handle re-locators: who makes it, how difficult are they to install?
any info would be great

thanks
frank

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
i have one on my truck. buy it from Sir Micheals. get yourself a roll pan while your there. they have the best quality stuff. and its a real cheap kit, only like 30 or 40 bucks i think. ok, they are very easy to install, and come with detailed instructions as well as a template of what to cut out. so you cut a rectangle hole in the tailgate, bolt your stock handle to the kit, switch the rods from side to side, and bolt it back in with self tapping screws. now you need to weld up the other side...bust out the MIG and button up the outside, making sure to weld it slowly allowing for a lot of cooling time. a flat panel like that will warp very fast from the heat. ok, hope this helps. lata

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
frank, I can get you a tailgate handle relocator.... I got a Sir Michaels one comin' in soon if you're interested in takin' a peak at it...... They're pretty easy to install. I can send you to someone to shave the old spot after too..... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts