S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was a little pissed off and took off down the highway and was goin pretty good, wound out 4th and went to shift to 5th and the throttle stuck wide open.(this has happened a couple times before) Anyway the truck just screemed it bounced off the revlimiter, i kicked at the throttle and tried letting the clutch back out. It finally came out of it, but later on down the road it started flashing the check gauges light and idling rough, with the light kinda of flashing in sync with the idling. As the revs picked up going down the road it would stop. I looked under the hood and i have atleast one plug wire arching. I'm just not sure whats wrong, I did just recently replace these plug wires which were under warranty, because they were arching before and giving similar problems(poor throttle response, and idling) I'm just worried about valves or something like that, any ideas. Sorry about the book

·
Registered
619 Posts
An arching spark plug wire is enough to trip the engine light. I doubt you hurt the engine with the rev, thats what the limiter is there for.

Just make sure the wires dont come near touching the exhaust and you should be fine

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i'll be replacing them this coming weekend with something atleast 8mm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts