S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing some research on what would be my best combo on exhaust for performance and sound. I hear all these people sayin to get and h pipe but not sure exactly what it is. So far this is what im thinkin a 40 series flo with an h pipe to duals out the back or turn downs. Whats the advantage of the turn downs to the straights?
My friend had a flow on his mustang than added a h pipe it was much louder and sounded much better. so i hope it will make this sound good too.

Attachments

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
That is an H-Pipe, but I think you mapped the exhaust wrong. Personally I'd go for an X-Pipe over the H, but it's your truck. And also, if you're gonna go through the trouble of a balance pipe(h- x-pipe) get two mufflers, two cats. There are 40 muffs from summit, dynomax bullets. Get two of those, wrench another stock cat off another s10 and get the X- or H-pipe. Then just turn downs after the mufflers.

Turn downs over rear exits make it a bit louder, I personally think it looks alot better cause you can barely see the exhaust.

Hope that helps!

SKeTchy

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so is an x pipe or h pipe Not really worth it? My cousin has a ranger with a y pipe into dual exhaust not huge tips kinda small and looks funny doesnt sound too good either. he bought it like that. Do you guys think the 2 mufflers would provide a advatage in sound and performance i dont think i like that idea as muych cuz it sounds more complicated and more expensive. I know a guy the has turn downs coming out both sides of his 98 ss s10 but i cont hear it at all it looks alright on the ss but seeing how mine is a 4x4 and higher up i dunno how that would look on mine.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
the usual reason a person puts an H, Y, or Z pipe on an exhaust is when they run true duals (one bank of headers goes to its own exhaust system). it has to do with balancing and maximizing the flow of gases through each pipe. You really don't need that with a 4.3 A single inlet/dual outlet muffler works great, and isnt as expensive. ive got a flow 4 original, 3" in dual 2.5" out, with duals running to 3.5" tips at the rear bumper, exiting near the ends of the bumper. It sounds nice, i gained a lot of power out of it (for an exhaust system), and it wasnt too expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts