Discussion Starter #1
AIR RIDE AIR BAR AND COOL AIR PRICES?? HELP

1) AIRRIDE AIR BAR IN BACK
2) KINDA LOST HERE BUT 4 PATH SYSTEM
3) COMPRESSOR??
4) LINES?
5) NOW FRONT want a kit just that goes in and gets me low
6) COOL AIR SET UP IN FRONT

these are 995 rear for the air bar and 475 front for cool air fro air ride. like 1500 shipped

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Tony

Go either 3 way or 4 way set up with the compressor kit. It will make each corner independent so you don't have the transfer of air side to side.

I can do the same front kit as Air Ride for $365 if your interested and save you some money on the other Air Ride Kits.

Did you want speed on the compressor kit or you just looking to get it up and down?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry jeff im just learing about all this so dont snap lol

ok i just wanted up and down not like all side to side just basic, but i found out if you go 2 way i think that the air goes from bag to bag and transfers so i dont want that so i want a 4 way system.

now as for the front the cool air just goes like the spring right just minimal cutting off top of a arm?

the air bar set up in back is it bolt on? and will it work with my c notch. i think air ride or easy street is the way id go but im concerned on the strength set up so i think air bar is the way to go right?

also right now with my notch the pumpkin is like barly hitting the bottom of the bed nothing bad will i be able to lay it that low with the air bar set up in back?

ok now for mounting id like to do it all under the bed is that possible especially the tank?

5 or 7 gallon tank? im looking for a good ride and i dont need it all hopping off the floor or crazy fast just fast i think you know what i mean.

so the front is 365 for the cool ride set up. now whats up with the shock. i have to weld top to frame and bottom drill through the a arm to attach it? what about clearance problems?

h9ow much for the air bar set up in back?

this is shipped to 94112

lets see what else. i heard there is a compressor vivid or something that is good how much for that?

tony

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
i run all airride stuff on my 96..

you need to buy spindles if you dont have them already, then the cool ride will slip right in but you have to eyebrow the spring cup not the a-arm

air bar is a complete bolt on, but the gas tank needs to be clearanced a bit with a hammer. i dont know if it will work with your notch or not. i put in a AIM notch, and the shock towers barely fit next to it.

why is your pumpkin hitting the bed already? did you drop it that low? im guessing you mean it hits it when you hit a bad bump or something...with your wheels the bed will have to be cut before you lay frame

it is possible to mount everything underneath, just ditch the spare tire

yes the cool ride system comes with shocks and a relocation kit

hope i helped, lata

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the aim 2.5 notch and the pumpkin hits teh bed same time the axle hits the notch bottom. well its like barly hitting doesnt really.

i have spindles up front. i have a 5.5 7 drop overall.

in rear have about 1.5 inches before bottoms out on the notch front pretty close to back of a arm now should come out good.

how close are the shock towers to the notch i dont understand exactly what you mean. if you can show a pic id appreciate it.

does anyone run a notch right now with this set up. id get a prefabbed notch and weld it in if it will make it work

avetekk do you drag race on slicks? and how does it hook with that set up?

tony

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
I snapped?

Sorry Tony, didn't relize I did. I think I spelt that word wrong as well lol. Anywase, the notch will work, later on you may want to run a larger notch or step notch. To get as low as the truck can.

The airbar bolt on 4 link comes preset from the factory so its measuring up to points and bolting. The only difference will be it will end up bottoming out the pumpkin on the floor and axle on the notch all the way down. Still works fine though.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
i race on slicks, but not in my 96 with airride. the slicks stay on the SS, but i dont think theyll tuck too well in the bed anyways..hehe

what i mean about the shock towers is that they are welded to a flat plate that bolts to your frame, and the c-notch is also a bolt in so that takes up room on the frame. it turns out that the two plates fit real snug next to each other on the frame. sorry i dont have a pic..lata

1 - 10 of 10 Posts