S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna make my truck sound as mean as possible. Right now i have a 40 series flomaster single 2 1/2 out and people are telling me to gut my cat. Would this change the sound at all?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yeah. wIth a 40serIes not a whole lot but It wIll make a notIcable power dIfference. My recomendatIons Is do It.

·
"factory freak"...
8,601 Posts
why gut a perfectly good converter? just for more noise??? if you want more noise, get a louder muffler.....

then again, why make it louder at all???

·
yeah... that's STATIC
1,577 Posts
back to the point... what is the best/easiest way to gut the cat? i'm interested in doing this as well

·
Got Boost?
341 Posts
take it off, start stabbing the inside with a pipe, thats what i did, today, periodically dumping out the honeycomb looking shit inside. i was forced to take some action though, listen to this, i just put headers on my s/c 4.3, and melted the inside of the cat at the entrance, crazy huh, i had way too much back pressure there. i didnt get to finish it all, but the amount that i did get done made a very noticable difference.

·
Got Boost?
341 Posts
larstrak said:
back to the point... what is the best/easiest way to gut the cat? i'm interested in doing this as well
holy shit, your with subsonik? if you were at dropfest in WI, then i camped right next to you! if you were with the rest of your club.

·
yeah... that's STATIC
1,577 Posts
hahahaha... yeah i sure am with SK. lol...

how's the truck coming? i recall bumbling over to your campsite, and oogling at your truck, and bringing you over to our area and trying to convince you to join our club, and ditch the ricers... heh, if you remember me at all, lol

good show, you going this year?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
larstrak said:

That chit inside can be real hard, get a long drill bit and put a lot of holes in it from both ends, then bash it with a long rod of some type like rebar. Then she falls out easily. I have done it both ways, just beating on it with the rebar and the drill method, believe me the drill will save you a lot of time. IF you have a O2 sensor behind the cat you will need a O2 similator. Have one of those, they work slick.

·
Got Boost?
341 Posts
larstrak said:
hahahaha... yeah i sure am with SK. lol...

how's the truck coming? i recall bumbling over to your campsite, and oogling at your truck, and bringing you over to our area and trying to convince you to join our club, and ditch the ricers... heh, if you remember me at all, lol

good show, you going this year?
, haha, My truck is coming along nicely, I remember a hell of alot of you guys, yeah, we will be going this year, how about you guys? small world,, how is yours coming, hows the club?

·
yeah... that's STATIC
1,577 Posts
club's going strong.. we got bigger. heh, it happens. hellz yeah we're going! i actually am leaving tomorrow morning to deliver the black shaved 97 w/ 98+ conversion to a kid in missouri, also a member of this forum! i now have an 01 ext cab, 5" static, envoy front end, shaving gate/frenching plate, molding rollpan later this week, got a new cervinis ss hood, got some 17" cragar unison wheels, and tada... in a week or so i should be ordering my air-ride. it will be bagged before dropfest ;) make sure you find us! shouldn't be difficuld to spot... you know, the club that took home the largest club participation... just look for the biggest groub of vehicles there with the same SUBSONIC sticker, lol won't be hard to find us ;) i got a beer waiting for ya

·
Got Boost?
341 Posts
larstrak said:
club's going strong.. we got bigger. heh, it happens. hellz yeah we're going! i actually am leaving tomorrow morning to deliver the black shaved 97 w/ 98+ conversion to a kid in missouri, also a member of this forum! i now have an 01 ext cab, 5" static, envoy front end, shaving gate/frenching plate, molding rollpan later this week, got a new cervinis ss hood, got some 17" cragar unison wheels, and tada... in a week or so i should be ordering my air-ride. it will be bagged before dropfest ;) make sure you find us! shouldn't be difficuld to spot... you know, the club that took home the largest club participation... just look for the biggest groub of vehicles there with the same SUBSONIC sticker, lol won't be hard to find us ;) i got a beer waiting for ya
you bastard, thats the same hood im about to order, lol. oh well, it will lokk diff. on yours with that envoy clip, sounds pretty badass man, i havent done as much, I got a flush mount hard cover, headers, detailed int. hopefully that hood, dropped a lil more, got rid of my projectors w/ angel eyes, too euro, got crystal clears. maybe some other lil shit, you say you got a beer waitin, well as do i for you man, going to be a pretty rowdy time. yeah, i shouldnt have ahard time finding you guys, just have to look for the 80 some s10s parked together, haha, lotta dimes, like a coin collection, lol

·
RRAARR!!!!
240 Posts
Somebody told me once you could pour ether down the TB while it's running and just burn the inside of the cat out. sounds like a dangerous venture to me. But if it works, i would assume that would be the easiest way. Don't even have to turn a wrench. just out of curiosity where would one get ether if they wanted to perform this technique?

·
Soon to be bagged!!
384 Posts
why waste the time gutting the cat when u can just replace it with a piece of pipe? just wondering?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
InfiniteS10 said:
why waste the time gutting the cat when u can just replace it with a piece of pipe? just wondering?
so u can pass inspections..BTW where do I get the sensor after this is done, because my gas mileagle sucks because my engine light is on, but it runs better

·
Soon to be bagged!!
384 Posts
2.2X-10 said:
so u can pass inspections..BTW where do I get the sensor after this is done, because my gas mileagle sucks because my engine light is on, but it runs better

i keep forgeting about states with inspections(not braggin but i have had the luxury of living in states that do not give a shit)

·
RRAARR!!!!
240 Posts
you have to get an O2 simulator to replace the oxygen sensor. your engine is running too rich right now. i bet your gas mileage is worse right now too

·
Gas drinker
132 Posts
I just cleaned mine out about a month ago. hardest this is getting to the bolts. I took small jack handle and large hammer and went to town on it. does sound better now with the 40 series

·
Registered
82 Posts
PQ'S88DOOREDDIME said:
Damn Im suprIsed you got the bolts out wIthout snappIng them off..
I just did mine too I broke two bolts off, and there was just a golf ball sized piece inside the cat all the rest it in the muffler.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts