S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered Gun Owner
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in within the last several days someone decided i no longer wanted my s10 and stole it out of the garage. Isn't so bad they stole and took stereo and misc things but they destroyed everything else as they went.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,703 Posts
That's pretty gutsy. You think they knew it was there beforehand?

·
Registered
2003 S10 4.3 2WD
406 Posts
Was the garage closed? this seems suspicious it might be someone you know who did this.

·
Registered Gun Owner
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Garage was close and locked. It is not attached to my apartment so could have thrown a party while doing it and wouldn't have heard it.
Allot of the garages in my complex have been broken into over the last year. So hard to know who did it. Nobody i know knew which garage it was in so don't think it was anyone i know.

·
Registered
2003 S10 4.3 2WD
406 Posts
Garage was close and locked. It is not attached to my apartment so could have thrown a party while doing it and wouldn't have heard it.
Allot of the garages in my complex have been broken into over the last year. So hard to know who did it. Nobody i know knew which garage it was in so don't think it was anyone i know.
Buy a security camera, if you cant afford much Wyze Cam is only $20 it has night vision, it stores to SD card an free 14 day cloud storage then it overwrites continously... They also offer a very cheap paid plan $1.25 but its not needed but wouldnt hurt to add. You do need wifi though because it is controlled by your smartphone.

Sure the damage is already done in your situation but maybe you could catch something another time.

·
Registered Gun Owner
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 2 garages and i plan on adding one for one that is 20 feet outside my window so wifi connects fine but other garage is much further away and no wifi signal there and that is where the truck was parked.

·
Registered
2003 S10 4.3 2WD
406 Posts
I have 2 garages and i plan on adding one for one that is 20 feet outside my window so wifi connects fine but other garage is much further away and no wifi signal there and that is where the truck was parked.
You can get the Wyze Cam V3 and have it outside it is water proof and all of that and aim it to that garage if you can get it in the line of sight... if not look for what is called a wifi repeater they arent too expensive.

·
Registered Gun Owner
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm familiar with them just saying there is some distance and multiple buildings in-between so don't think that would help

·
Registered Gun Owner
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Be careful what you wish for lol ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
So in within the last several days someone decided i no longer wanted my s10 and stole it out of the garage. Isn't so bad they stole and took stereo and misc things but they destroyed everything else as they went.
View attachment 344821 View attachment 344822 View attachment 344823
I was a police officer for 20 years. I can tell you if your garage wasn't open this is someone you know who did this to you. This is enough to seek your own vengeance if you know what I mean you don't touch a man's house, a man's dog, a man's kids, a man's guns, and you don't touch a man's wife or his truck . That's a good way to get to the bottom of a six foot hole!!!!

Sgt B

"There's nothing so dangerous as a man with a gun and nothing so useless and helpless as one without!"

·
Registered Gun Owner
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was a police officer for 20 years. I can tell you if your garage wasn't open this is someone you know who did this to you. This is enough to seek your own vengeance if you know what I mean you don't touch a man's house, a man's dog, a man's kids, a man's guns, and you don't touch a man's wife or his truck . That's a good way to get to the bottom of a six foot hole!!!!

Sgt B

"There's nothing so dangerous as a man with a gun and nothing so useless and helpless as one without!"
All i can say is whoever did it should pray the police find them and not me!

One thing I do not tolerate from anyone is being disrespected in my own home.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bet it's someone that lives in your complex. How about putting a game camera in your garage. (Thieves are also famous for repeating their theft about a month later after you've had a chance to replace what they've stolen.)

·
Registered
256 Posts
That my friend was someone you know 4 sure .. obvious you had some kicker entertainment center they drooled over , prob a quick meth fix was the end result .

·
Registered Gun Owner
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That my friend was someone you know 4 sure .. obvious you had some kicker entertainment center they drooled over , prob a quick meth fix was the end result .
Who knows who did it. I made it a point to never tell anyone what garage i had it in so my best guess is someone who lives in my complex.

Trail cameras could work but would stick out since nothing in garage to hide. Otherwise sure they would just take the cameras. It's fully drywalled so can't hide in rafters.

I wish it was some off the shelf kickers. Had upgraded to 2 FI Audio Q Ferrite subs. They are hand made to order and take over a month to arrive. And that was pre covid so who knows what their wait times are now.

·
Registered
2003 S10 4.3 2WD
406 Posts
You should also install a kill switch.

I do have to say though that spray paint job they did which looks like smoke/clouds actually would look good professionally done with the same color.

·
Registered Gun Owner
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Didn't even mention how they took the factory wheels i had in garage and tried to drill them out to swap rims from S10. Guess they gave up cause wheels are in bed and each wheel only has 2 bolts max holding wheels

·
Registered
93 Posts
All i can say is whoever did it should pray the police find them and not me!

One thing I do not tolerate from anyone is being disrespected in my own home.
And you shouldn't it's your Castle it's your property it's where your wife and kids lay their head it's where your dog is and any son of a bitch that violates that doesn't even deserve to be put six foot under he deserves to be hung by his feet and be tenderized with the Louisville slugger before you fillet the skin off his back douse him and alcohol stake him to the ground pour honey all over him all the way to the nearest fire ant man and set back and watch what they have for dinner!!!!! I spent 20 years as a Texas police officer and I can tell you law enforcement looks the other way on some things. I had a man who beat his daughter's molester half to death after he set a trap for him and the man walked into this guy's home unannounced walked back to the bedroom and pulled the shower curtain open where he thought this friend of mine's daughter was. I forgot to tell you my friend is also United States Marine and when I tell you that he monkeys stomped the C**@&#$&@@r into the carpet he did then law enforcement arrived and arrested the molester. The only questions ever asked of the father was why he let the guy live!

I'm in Texas so things are a little different here. We still hold to the old ways in a lot of ways.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts