S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted here before, and I've done some things to my s10 since then. But I just did a huge project on my dime. I had a small leak in my oil pan and didn't know it. I ran it completely out of oil and blew my motor up. So I found a dime motor from a junk yard with 10,000 miles on it which is really good it replaced mine which had 115,000 so it was a good buy I only have 700$ bucks for it which is really good. But anyway I got it to work and everything but today out of no where my Gas, Speed, and Temp Gauge stopped working I'm very confused to why it just randomly stopped working I check all the connections coming from the motor and everything and the fuses but nothing seems to fix the problem. Has anyone ever come across this problem before (1999 s10 2.2) If any one would get back to me that would be a great help because at the moment I don't like to drive it not knowing how much gas is in it and well not knowing how fast I'm moving doesn't help with the 5-0. So any sugguests would be a great help thanks guys/females

SZ5

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
did you replace it with the same year motor and it sounds like a bad ground to be maybe or it fried the guage cluster

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 99 I put in a 96 the only the fuel, speed and temp are not working everything else is like batt power oil presure seat belt lights o and i forgot the ****** shift light doesn't work but no it wasn't the same year and alll grounds are good been tested.

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
might check the senders for those guages :dunno:

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
check ur fuse panel, u may have blown a fuse... but if uve blown a fuse replacing it isnt gonna help, uve got a bad ground somwhere

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've given up I checked the grounds and fuses nothing was blown. So I'll called a dealership and they are going to look at it on Wednesday so hopefully if will get fixed.

But I still have one problem. My truck is acting like it's backfiring so I changed the spark plugs and wires. I also read on a post here that some people changed the TPS and that didn't help either any body have any other ideas??

-SZ5

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
mine was backfireing real bad one time it would backfire when you let off the gas the hit it again and it turned out to be a bad injector

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealership found the problem. The main wires where touching the excaust and it burned right through them. Now my baby is running better than before.... I love my Dime hahahahahasa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts