S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wana install my guage in my my vent do i have to do something to stop the heat from comin to it?? or something? any pics?? and if i do what should i use?? or how...

·
Peanuts Performance
117 Posts
Here is what mine looked like when I had my gauge installed.

Just used speaker grill and left the vent alone. It was able to open aout half way.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wana put it in one of the center vents... and i wana put a metal plate and tweed it to match truck and put guage in it soo that means the whole will be ocmpletly shut an djust have hot air comin to it... how or what should i do to stop the heat?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
asweet just cardboard and ducttape and it works fine?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what did you use metal or wood to put the guages in?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but if i cut all that crap out couldnt i use a peace of wood or soething?? and what do you mean fiberglass?

·
minitruckin alcoholic
1,742 Posts
ok, its kinda like bondo, but its fiber glass. whats the difference of what you use to block the duct off with? you could use wood if you want, but nobody will see it over the duct.

I tokk my trusty Dremel and cut all that shit out of the way, sanded down the bezel, taped a piece of tshirt over it. then i layed a thin coat of fiberglass resin on the shirt. let it dry. just a thin coat though, otherwise it will sag on you. Then after thats dry, add another layer of resin. i think i overdid mine, but i added another piece of tshirt, and like 3 more layers of resin. i think if i hit my head on it, it'd be harder than the windshield, lol. Punch the holes, paint it up!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you i getitnow =)

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
you need the resin, and the hardner...but they usually come together in the pack...i used fiberglass mat...but a old tshirt will work...

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
what I did when I did mine was...

after everything was cut out...i took a piece of cardboard and traced the opening.

then I took the cardboard and cut out a piece of fiberglass mat and cut it just a hair bigger..

then I applied the resin...let it harden...test fit it...it looked good...so I built it up a few layers..

after that I applied a few layers of bondo and sand/smoothed it all out

then I applied it to the dash bezel...and took strips of fiberglass and used those to attach it to the backside of the dash...

·
minitruckin alcoholic
1,742 Posts
i c, my first layer was on the front of the bezel, where i then built it up on the backside. Then yes, bondo to finish it all off.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts