S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This may be a silly question:

I have a 96 S-10 with a non tach cluster, can I put a cluster with a tach in it's place? I know it will fit, but will the connections fit? I am sure that I would be asking to much if the tach would work too. Any insight would be appreciated:)

--Andrew

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
First things first

Sure it will work......with enough effort on your part!

But the first thing that you want to do is go out and get the maintenance manuals for your truck, that way you can tell for sure how much work it's gonna be. Then, after you have made the commitment to put forth the effort, you can figure out what the cost will be.

I have a chilton manual that I keep checked out from the local library, but with all the late fees that I accumulate I should just go buy it! I guess that the money goes to a good cause.....but I digress!

Anyway...I think that a case can be made for getting one of those big Tachs and mounting it on the dash most people on the fourm would probably agree with me that it would look sic (sic being a good thing.) And with all the time you save by leaving the dash alone you could probably get a second job to pay for the tach!

And with the second job you could always go to the chevy dealer and get their book on your truck.......nah.....you might need a third job for that cause I think that they are made of gold!

Later!!

Rick
'92 S-10 Tahoe 4.3L Almost Bone Stock

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
heh.

well i wouldn't get a big tach to mount.... thats too ricer for my taste. but maybe cutting a hole as if you were gonna mount a tweeter and flushmounting a small 1" or 1.5" tach there would be sic!

oh $hiz... now i just got another idea. time to spend more money :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts