S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search for trick parts for my 2KX 2.2l, I have come across what some sites call "Hyper Grounding Kits" , has anyone had any experience with these and if so, have they performed as touted by the manufacturer/distributor? I ask, because my power tends to flutter when slowing down while in gear at highway speeds. The power dips from 14V to 11V several times and then goes back to normal. My alternator is performing up to spec according to my measurements and the belt is fine and tight enough. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I could not find any info directly related to either subject while searching the forum.

:confused:

Thanks,
Zipper

·
New To The Game. . .
250 Posts
MIne will do that also. When I push in the clutch and the rmps drop itll start to basicly flash all the lights. If I just tap the gas and let it setlle back down the problem is gone? Its got 17k on it now cant be the voltage regulator can It? Gotta be the wiring

·
Registered
35 Posts
mine does the exact same thing. ive taken it to the dealer with no help. it bothers the hell out of me. Been doing it since i bought it new. hope someone finds a fix

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Why don't you guys try what madman said and see if it helps?Most electrical systems in any vehicle are extremely poor.I used 1/0 gauge for power and ground,8 gauge for chassis,head,alt case,and frame.Lights are brighter than crap now,smother idle,fuel pump is getting 14.2 volts as opposed to 13 volts(its almost like i went and bought a high performance pump,difference is like night and day).All it takes is for someone to forget to hook up a ground,even at the factory.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
my voltahe is good after i simply decorroded(is that an actual word) my positive wires on my battery, and the wqire son the starter and ground, also, if you have a big system, make sure it is properly grounded.

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Yeah definatley clean the cables and use that corrosive spray crap,but the voltage gauge in the insterment cluster is reading straight from the alt.Try taking a reading from the harness,like from your tail lights and turn signals.There is a serious voltage drop after having to go through all that resistance.The stock wiring in the vehicle is to small a gauge to account for the voltage drop.Thats why the hyper ground system works.It attaches to all the main grounding points and drops the resistance for the whole vehicle.Defenitley reccomended especially if you got mucho sterio equip.Your computer recives cleaner,stronger signals.You get more spark at the plugs when the head has less resistance.90% of all vehicle electrical problems is bad grounds/high resistance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
im going to take everyone's advise and upgrade all my positive and negative wires from my battery over the weekend. Ill let ya’ll know if that fixed this problem. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I upgraded all the ground and power wires leaving my battery, with no change. I still have a voltage fluctuation once and a while after I push my clutch in when downshifting. Or if I just let my foot of the gas and let the truck slow down the voltage will drop and return to normal. Anyone have any other suggestions?? Thanks

·
96 S10 Blazer 4d 4x4
28 Posts
Did you find the main ground? I was told that the main ground, (the one connected to the chassis) is the one that you have to look for. I have the same problem in my blazer its a pain in the ass!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dmq383 - I replaced the main ground. It is a 4ga wire. I used the same gauge wire just upgraded the quality. There were three additional wires coming from the battery they were 12ga and i upgraded those to 8ga.

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
I would try upgrading the main ground to 1/0 gauge.Also try cleaning all the ground connections(sanding down the place the ground makes contact and the ground connectors).It's possible your altenators voltage regulator is having issues.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I did this with some spare 4ga wire I had laying around. Now I have 4ga from alt to batt+, batt- to body, and batt- to block. I've been thinking of going back with some 8ga and running some more grounds. Does anybody know what all the main ground points are on a vehicle?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts