S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:
I have been getting a grinding sound in the transmission (5 Speed) this is evident when the tranny is in neutral and the clutch is let out. This is in a brand new truck (6000 miles) and the dealer says its normal.
I called GM 1-800-222-1020 and they told me there were some complaints but not enough for GM to fix the problem.
Has anyone else had this rpoblem? What is the solution?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I have it to. I thought maybe I was loosing my mind.

Kevin said:
:mad:
I have been getting a grinding sound in the transmission (5 Speed) this is evident when the tranny is in neutral and the clutch is let out. This is in a brand new truck (6000 miles) and the dealer says its normal.
I called GM 1-800-222-1020 and they told me there were some complaints but not enough for GM to fix the problem.
Has anyone else had this rpoblem? What is the solution?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i drove a 97 ex cab with a 2.2 for almost 2 years and i had the same prob. truns out that it is the throw out bearing on the clutch. i was told by a GM tech that almost all of them do that and it is no big deal.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
That is what is sounded like to me but I didn't think that it was going out already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might be worth it to call the GM number and register a complaint. Make sure you give your name and address. If there is any type of settlement on these trannies then you could get compensated.

·
Powered By Vortec
34 Posts
Its driving me crazy...

Mine does that noise but only when it reaches 4000rpm. It does that on every gear. Would anyone know if its the same problem or if its a different thing.

Chevy209:bash:

·
Registered
2 Posts
tranny grind - GM paid me 2,000.00

I had to call the 800# about seventy times but in the end they found the correct TSB for my tranny and they fixed it. The cost was just under $2,000 and GM paid without blinking.

You have to keep calling the 800#. After dozens and dozens of calls I found a rep who knew how to research a problem and she found the right TSB and ordered a fix.

The dealer was nice as pie. Even had my truck detailed for free.

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
Is it a true grinding noise, or is it more of a moaning noise?? I had my throw-out bearing replaced at 4000km and it made a little bit of a difference, but not much. I still have a moaning noise in between every gear while in neutral, but I have been told that it is normal. I don't know if yours is the same problem or not. :confused:

·
The Original A D M I N
18,797 Posts
Re: tranny grind - GM paid me 2,000.00

s10man said:
I had to call the 800# about seventy times but in the end they found the correct TSB for my tranny and they fixed it. The cost was just under $2,000 and GM paid without blinking.

You have to keep calling the 800#. After dozens and dozens of calls I found a rep who knew how to research a problem and she found the right TSB and ordered a fix.

The dealer was nice as pie. Even had my truck detailed for free.
Do you have that TSB number.

·
Registered
2 Posts
TSB numbers

Call the GM help line they can get the TSB# - tell them your exact problem.

I had to call a couple of times.

The number is 1-800-222-1020 (I think).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts