S-10 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching and I have found a variety of thread, but I am looking to see if anyone has done a how to or a sticky on swapping a 91-93 grill onto a 82-90 dime?
Much like the one on swapping a 1st gen rear bumper with a 1st gen blazer bumper.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I did some searching and I have found a variety of thread, but I am looking to see if anyone has done a how to or a sticky on swapping a 91-93 grill onto a 82-90 dime?
Much like the one on swapping a 1st gen rear bumper with a 1st gen blazer bumper.

There is your answer. Go read those posts.

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts
not to be an ass but this topic has been covered more times than i care to remember

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
then don't be an ass and create a sticky about it

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
There is your answer. Go read those posts.
did you read the question at all? I asked if someone had done a sticky about it. Perhaps my search keywords weren't exact. If you search for grill swap, you get 16 pages of threads....

My response to the person that said "look at these threads" was going to be "let's find the best thread and sticky it"

Isn't that what we are doing here, helping each other out?

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
96 Posts
no problem! i have yet to lower my headlights but i did put a bravada grill on my 88.. and the best advice i can tell you is self tappers are your best friend...

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this looks at lot easier, not to mention cheaper, then a new radiator core support or headlight relocator brackets from FBI. Added bonus, you can actually "do it yourself" and say you fabricated it. :)

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts
then don't be an ass and create a sticky about it
well rather than be a lazy smart ass why don't you petition the mod "festus", i believe, and ask him to create one, most of us don't have the power. the blazer bumper one you speak of is one we all voted on and festus made it happen. if we had that ability then you would also see one about seats.

p.s. i checked and it is already a sticky

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f199/headlight-relocator-mounting-kit-for-late-model-1st-gen-47703/

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this should show the problem with everyone's bullsh!t answer of "did you search for it". It isn't always as simple as that. Relocating a headlight is not the same as swapping a grill. What I thought was a good search string obviously was not.
I have been a member for 10 years, so I know HOW to search - that doesn't mean that just because I do a search that it will magically bring up the results I was looking for. People use different terminology in asking questions and posting answers, and therefore a search doesn't always provide the proper result.

I was also a mod here for a few years, and I NEVER replied to anyone with a simple "go search for your answer". I might have provided the answer with an explanation on what I searched for, but I never dismissed someone seeking help with such a piss poor response.

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts
my apologies, i see what you mean about difficulty with accuracies in terminology

i did not realize that your not looking for information on swapping a grill but instead your looking for an easy way to get your tech button.

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
whatever man - I'm done
you're right, I'm wrong. My apologies

·
Registered
818 Posts
i have a 91' one piece grille on my 88' s15. it was pretty easy, you might have to drill some new holes in the core support though. here's a picture of what it looks like.

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts
:lol: wtf is up with your bumper?? i'd invest in a real bumper, cheap and easy to come by..
yea but that tag says stock bumper probably not tough enough for were he lives

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put a 91-93 core support on my 86 and the 93 grill. Only took about an hour and everything fits perfect. Scored the core support and grille for $78 total at a local Junkyard called Crazy Ray's. I can post pics tomorrow if that would help you.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I have been a member for 10 years, so I know HOW to search - that doesn't mean that just because I do a search that it will magically bring up the results I was looking for. People use different terminology in asking questions and posting answers, and therefore a search doesn't always provide the proper result.

Let me amend my post.

Search and USE what you find.

Lookout side of the gen specific forums. Learn to rephrase your search request and read threads that come up with you search to see if they contain any useful info. 10 years is a long time to be lazy and need a how to or a sticky to do anything.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts