S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to put a 1998 s10 grill in a 1997. the difference is , a 97 have a single head light and the 98 has the dual headlights. the guy at acces. for trucks says he can do it. and i can get this grill for $150 installed with headlights. so i wanna know id it is possible to do. cuz to me that is a deal. any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
You can do it yourself easily. Welcome to the forum.

Hit that search button at the top and you will find LOTS of info on exactly what you are wanting to do.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You need to get a 98+ core support, swap them and you're good to go.

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
if he will do it for $150 that sounds cheap, does he know you have to swap the core support?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im only 16 so i dont know much bout body parts on trucks . Like im wonderin what the core support is.. and also how much it would cost.. the guy works at a body shop and acces. shop so i would think he would know how to do it but not positive. i have learned alot of these guys dont do it the right way. he told me $150 for the complete thing like grill and headlights and installed. What do you guys think of it. also im wonderin how that chrome grill will look on a light gray truck. not sure how it will look?

If anyone have pics of that setup ...drop um in.. thanks

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
well ur 16. means you have 3 more years than me to learn!
age has nothing to do with this stuff. you gotta try it to learn.
and a facelifty would be a nice easy straightforwards change to learn.
just ask all the Qs you want on the forum ( and yes you will be made fun of sumtimes) but take it in good humor, and you'll be a genious eventually

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
well when you have to ask where to core support is, u might not want to be takin it out, no offense man.

·
Registered
623 Posts
ha ha i didn't know what it was when i first joined a couple years ago.. . Buy by reading you will be amazed what you learn. Also i changed my head gasket and learned what every part on top of the engine is now :) id say go for it and just read,, your 15 you should be able to read by now..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the stock grill and headlights out of a 98 s10. he took it outta his. he put a new black grill in with the high output headlights. that is why it is cheap . cuz it is used

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and i meant where the whole core support is...how much of the front end..i know what it is..SMART ASS:)

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
it pretty much spans fender to fender across the front, i wasnt tryin to be mean man.

·
Hot Sauce
1,295 Posts
I did it myself using the how-to floating around here, it came out good. I didn't even know what a core support was when I wanted to do it lol...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it looks like alot of fukin work by lookin at that how to thing on this site. you gotta take some cooler off and all kinds of stuff. looks like alot of work for me. and i dont wanna **** it up. can you get by without usin that aftermarket part

·
32,797 Posts
it looks like alot of fukin work by lookin at that how to thing on this site. you gotta take some cooler off and all kinds of stuff. looks like alot of work for me. and i dont wanna **** it up. can you get by without usin that aftermarket part
Nope. That's just the way it is.

And honestly, if you're not gonna do it right, don't do it at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so how hard is ito take all that stuff out? and put new in? and also where do i get that new part at?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts