·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need some help figuring out which grill is which

i want one like the one in this picture
(dont know whose truck this is)

basically i just want to try to find the same grill as in the picture

i dont want the grill with the horizontal lines and another chrome strip at the top

and ive seen the chrome strip for sale seperately, does that mean it doesnt come with the grill?

part #s and info would be good

trying to get the rest of the parts for my conversion
already have the rad. support and turn signal lights
just need the headlights, grill, and wiring parts

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
what you want is the 98-02 s10 grill. and the one you dont want (the one with a chrome on the very top) is a 97 s10 grill.

and the insert comes separate, you can either buy one for as cheap as $55 from countrycraft, or you can make one. check out my post in "zq8/xtreme section" under "home made alum insert", its got pics and how-tos.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The grill in the picture is from a 98 and up model S-10. The one you are talking about with the chrome at the top is on some blazers and I think some LS model S10's also. You can call summit racing, 1-800-230-3030 for the billet inserts, I think they usually have good prices for the billet inserts. There are many places that carry the inserts and you can also get a steel mesh instead of the lines. The air damn on that truck is a new model from xenon. You can also get rid of that big chrome piece in the middle of the grill by getting a Xtreme model grill. The Xtreme grill comes unpainted so you can paint the entire piece to match your truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts