S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to swap grills and headlight assemblies on these two models? I ask because one, they look compatable, and two, I saw a pic of a S-10 that appeared to have the later model front grill, but said it was a 98. Just curious, and because I actually preferr the newer model headlights over the sealed beams on the earlier models.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
The radiator supports are different on them. I think only in the holes that allow you to mount the headlights and grille though. I think you can just cut the required holes to make to make it work, but I don't know any of the measurements on them. I only had one pre 98 Sonoma and didn't tear the grille off it. I had it prior to the 98+ models coming out.

·
Banned
17,375 Posts
yes like they said you need the 98+ radiator support
and you might want to get the 98+ front bumper as well cuz the 94-97 have the turn signals in them and well the 98+ have them under the headlights of course

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah yes, so it can be done. Excellent, I will begin immediatly with my... "transformation"....hahahahah (Dr Evil laugh). Well not really, but it's something I may decide to do...Thanks alot....I shall refer back to this thread one I began the procedure...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts