S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
life begins @ 20 psi
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought that I would say "Hi" to all those who are interested. I just got a '88 2.8 for a daily driver so that my Syclone can hibernate for the winter :D . Bulletin boards are great for learning stuff and meeting/making new friends. Hope to learn and help while I'm here!

Mike

·
life begins @ 20 psi
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I would post a pic if I could but, I still haven't even posted a pic of my Sy on the Syclone/Typhoon bulletin board :( . But, I will work on that. The Chevy is nothing special. It's completely stock with an aluminum camper shell-totally hill jack. On my syclone, most of the mods have been safety oriented rather than performance. Down the road I intend to install a bigger turbo from PTE though.

So far on the syclone, Walbro high pressure fuel pump, CAS adjustable fuel pressure regulator, deeper TCI tranny pan, B&M tranny cooler, remote tranny filter, rear driveshaft safety loop, Gilbert propshaft, stainless steel intercooler scoop, stainless steel turbo to intercooler pipe with HKS SS blow off valve, K&N cone filter intake, ATR battery relocate, 3" ATR stainless steel exhaust and cat, SPA Design dual readout gauges in a dual pillar pod (boost + tranny temp & fuel pressure + intercooler temp), EGR blockoff plate, 160 thermostat, Ultimate chip and lowered.

My best time so far with a bad launching pad at the track was 13.778 @ 100.08 MPH with 15 psi of boost and 93 octane pump gas. My chip will allow me to run up to 24 pounds of boost but, I will need race gas and my stock turbo will not support that much so, 20 psi would be the limit right now.

Mike

·
life begins @ 20 psi
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :) ! Wow Steve, sounds like you should put your ride in a museum after you get your paint done :D . You will definitely have to post some pics after your "masterpiece" is done!

Mike

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
thanx mike, yeah i should lol:) and yes i am defintly wanting to post my pics as soon as i can

peace, steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts