S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got in a horrible accident about 5 hours ago

Long story short....I got T-boned by land barge sized Buick Electra 225 and pushed into a 1-ton Dump truck. Both doors wouldn't open. The driver side glass rolled back(thank GOD I had tinting to hold all the little bits of glass) and smacked my head. I had to climb out through the passenger window. The whole driver side of the truck is trashed, and the front left wheel had about 45 degrees negative camber Passenger front corner is busted in, the hood is creased.

There is a very good chance that the truck is totaled. But I'm not sure since its a lease

Good news is....I'm unhurt. A CT scan and about 8 Xrays say I'm fine. Who said these trucks have sh*tty crash ratings! The guys in the Dump Truck thought for sure I was a gonner....nope, I'm still alive!

I dunno whats going to happen with the truck. Maybe I'll be in the market for another S10...this time with a 4.3 and ZQ8!!!!!! hopefully I can salvage what I can off the 99.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
If it was a 1st gen it wouldnt have done anything but knock some rust off and maybe a little dent :D

Seriously now I am glad you didnt get hurt. That is a shame if it gets totaled but at least you are fine and thats what matters.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
**** man, sorry to hear that but glad to hear you are ok..........

·
For Sale
190 Posts
maybe this is all one big sign .... Time to buy a Dump Truck!?!?!?

glad to hear ur alive bud

:idea: :p :D

·
Why Do I Care
624 Posts
Tradegy

:bash: Sorry to hear about the accident man be glad it wasnt a ford you were driving...lol kidding. I hope everything works out for you inthe future. If you do get a new truck defintly get 01 xtreme u wont be sorry. If possibly have a drink on me:drinkhaha

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TwiggSS said:
Oh ****!!!!!!

damm you are lucky you didn't wind up with a broken leg or somthing.
told you:uhoh:

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm trying to imagine how force it would take to kink in the wheel like that..... I can't tell whats bent/broken...but the ball joints didn't separate!:uhoh:

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
J_Rod said:
I'm trying to imagine how force it would take to kink in the wheel like that..... I can't tell whats bent/broken...but the ball joints didn't separate!:uhoh:

i would bet either the spindle is bent or just the bottom a arm.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate all the concern guys!!!:cool:

·
Why Do I Care
624 Posts
tragedy

J_Rod said:
I appreciate all the concern guys!!!:cool:
Your front wheels look like my 91 sonoma did when I hit the gaurd rail doing 80 mph, hate to say this but the truck might be gone....:bash: Look at the bright side you where saved by a an xtreme angel.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts