S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know many people have had this idia before But I have never seen anyone do it.

for drag blocks take (2) standerd trailer hitch balls turn them upside down and attach them to the underside of your frame. If you do not want to drill there are factory holes in the front leafspring perch that fit a hitch ball studd perfect.
They are cheep to replace only like $7-10 and you can buy them in bulk. There are hardend steel (same as frame) so you will get nice sparks. I will be putting mine on soon and will let you all know how they do and how long they last. If anyone has done this before let me know how they are.

Last here is a link to a hitch ball (almost made for this !!) it has interchangeable balls (no tools needed!!) And you can buy just the balls from them for $8 ea. or price break at 10

It is called "Interchangeable Hitch Balls" It is neer the bottom of the page.
]

http://www.drawtite-hitches.com/hitch_accessories/hitch_balls.htm

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
lol that is ghetto, and those arent titanium so whats the point??? I would rather drag straight up frame than put that crap on, plus it will keep you from laying out....

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't get me wrong I love titanium I just dont have the $$$ to shell out

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
yeah I understand that, plus these would last longer, but to me its not worth it.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Ive seen it done before, droppedss has it on his pewter truck. If you mount the ball upside down in your rear bumper it will drag all over the place.

L

·
0 Posts
My boy used to have em on his fullsize... u run thru em pretty damn quick......

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
AVTekk said:
Ive seen it done before, droppedss has it on his pewter truck. If you mount the ball upside down in your rear bumper it will drag all over the place.
Yah scott drags that thing for hours.

And why would you rather drag frame? You can't do it much, or you won't have any left. Dumb.

·
Draggin body member
1,134 Posts
Someone told me that old lawnmower blades worked reallly good, and also threw some nice sparks. but i've never tried it.
My rockers seem to throw ok sparks.. :D

·
Ask me if I care
506 Posts
If you ask me thats a good idea. Dragging frame is nice till you totally screw it up and drag blocks are cool but I paid 60 for a beefy set just to rip thru them in a day or so. If they throw decent sparks, y not. They are cheap.....just to mess around I think I will have to try it out. I wouldnt roll w/ them on 24/7 just like i yanked my drag blocks off when I dont use them....both keep u from layin out and when ur rollin pretty low they scrap all over the place.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
djdaudio said:
Ok I know many people have had this idia before But I have never seen anyone do it.

for drag blocks take (2) standerd trailer hitch balls turn them upside down and attach them to the underside of your frame. If you do not want to drill there are factory holes in the front leafspring perch that fit a hitch ball studd perfect.
They are cheep to replace only like $7-10 and you can buy them in bulk. There are hardend steel (same as frame) so you will get nice sparks. I will be putting mine on soon and will let you all know how they do and how long they last. If anyone has done this before let me know how they are.

Last here is a link to a hitch ball (almost made for this !!) it has interchangeable balls (no tools needed!!) And you can buy just the balls from them for $8 ea. or price break at 10

It is called "Interchangeable Hitch Balls" It is neer the bottom of the page.
]

http://www.drawtite-hitches.com/hitch_accessories/hitch_balls.htm
Thats what I did...But I got them from a junk yard and I cut the threads off and welded the ball to the frame.

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
okay im sorry... i know this is not a grammatically correct board and all that garbage that youre gonna say after i say this but jesus....learn to spell. Idia?? cheep?? neer?? standerd?? not to mention others

with that off my chest...yes it is a good idea, and thats what i plan on doing when i finish baggin

·
SUICIDE: The Only Answer
3,199 Posts
I am going to experiment with different metals when i finish getting my truck bagged because you can make different colored sparks with different metal types. but for something cheap just cut up and use your old leaf springs :)

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
well since I lay pinch and have about 3/4" left to drag I'm just going to weld 1/4" bars under my frame to drag on, I welded a 4x2" 1/2" piece of steel on my skid plate which lasted me like 3 weeks, its still there but its like 1/8" now....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts