S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to find a new headunit....already haha. Its been 8 months and I need an upgrade. I want one with all the good features. I need at least 3 preamp outputs and whatever it takes for my ps2 and screen to run without that damn FM modulator....the interferance that pics up is my only reason for upgrading really. I think the feature im looking for is a/v inputs right? Anyone recommend and headunits that would do all i need and look pretty good too? Thanks!

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
a lot of folks might disagree... but I'd get a HU that plays mp3s... Like having a CD changer but w/ just one disc. I love mine... just be sure to encode at a high bit rate, or download quality mp3s... (ie 0mni, rns, etc...)

My panasonic works, err worked great... has RCA preamps for front/rear, sub and aux. The internal amp in mine is blown and has other problems (form a bad install... long story, but it's a good HU :D) I'm debating on wether to get another Panasonic or Alpine myself...

(All links go to Crutchfield, nice to look there... but not buy :D)
I like the Alpine CDA-9815 and CDA-7995 ... but the Panasonic MXE CQ-DFX983U (newer model than mine) is hard to beat for the price... I found it online for $235. Only thing I don't like about the Panasonic is that it doesn't read ID3 tags.

If the damned things weren't 1k+ I'd get a 7.5" touchscreen, DVD etc... I'll just have to wait until the prices start to drop I guess....

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I cant live without mp3s. The one i have now has mp3 capabilities with all the tags and all. Its reall a good HU but I need one with the A/V Inputs to get rid of the Fm mod....cause i cant stand the lil interferance or alternator whine =-/

Pharacyde: Clean sig =-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts