S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the Granatelli MAF is worth buying...I already ripped out the screen off my stock MAF and have been told that it don't help out my truck at all...do you think it would be worth buying the Granatelli MAF to replace my gutted MAF?...Please let me know ASAP...I have my mods on my sig if you need to see if it will work good with my aftermarket parts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
No its not worth it. Pulling the screen and messing with the MAF's sensors just changes tuning and makes our trucks idle like crap in my experience. Ive done both.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think I should get a new stock MAF?

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Only if your truck isnt running properly.

On my old car, I took the MAF screen out and it didnt hurt the car one bit. Didnt really help it either tho.....

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
Supposedly, that screen 'straighens' the airflow through the sensor out, giving it a more consistently accurate reading.

W/o accurate readings your A/F ratio could get screwed up.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
BlazerFRS said:
Supposedly, that screen 'straighens' the airflow through the sensor out, giving it a more consistently accurate reading.

W/o accurate readings your A/F ratio could get screwed up.
it does screw up...a majority is now gettin SES sayin theyre runnin rich in 2 banks without the screen and those tho rescreened run better no SES anymore

·
H-D motorsports
654 Posts
Have you looked into a used one from the wrecken yard.

A friend of mine had a bad o2 sensor and MAF and just them for his 97 blazer for 40 bucks.

Everything is on and the trucks workin' perfect.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Save yer dough. There's nothing wrong with the AC/Delco maf.
If ya think you need a new one, take it off and clean GENTLY
inside where the air flows. I use to use rubbing alcohol and
q-tips and a VERY soft tooth brush to clean it.

You'd be surprised how well a ride runs after a good cleaning.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yea I wouldnt go as far as to buy a new stock one or anything unless you think its not running right. I ran without a screen for a long time and it didnt throw the SES light but i wasnt all that impressed with it. Its just making your O2 sensors work harder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts