S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
terrible. take a lap.
4,024 Posts
so your trying to make a truck handle like a corvette? thats just as pointless. either way, i got my own shit figured out, no thanks to ya'll

lol:haha: next thing you know he'll be in the off-topic section posting about how he got a ticket for wreckless driving doing 100 in some beater..

·
Sometimes I'm mean...alot
1,348 Posts
squareterror
How does that fit?!

Never argue with teenagers:rant: ...they know everything!:rotf: :haha: :D

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
LOL at asking what the point is of upgrading brakes and suspension to "only" go 75-80.

·
I didn't build it for you
3,559 Posts
so your trying to make a truck handle like a corvette? thats just as pointless. either way, i got my own shit figured out, no thanks to ya'll
No, just handle better.

Bout effin time you got it figured out. Thought we was gonna have to spoon feed you.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i dont sugjest finding speed limiter, i found mine the other day, first time ever over 72 on the highway, right at 98 mph on the gps, the truck just shut off.... not like a govenor kicked in or anything, just shut off, brakes sucked, steering sucked, yea and my neutral saftey is messed up so it wont start in neutral either, has to be in park. its a brand new switch so idk. yea getting to the shoulder with a dead truck at 98 isnt fun. i was on a 2 mile open strech. still not fun

·
Registered Idiot
224 Posts
thats strange all of urs stop before 100, my blazer when i was on the freeway wit no cars i pined the spedo past 100mph. untill the rpm reached redline and the engine slows itself down. my guess is ~115-120 mph for mine. but that was simply a test.

·
Registered
520 Posts
ive never had mine shut off but i know the first time it ever kicked in i though i had blown the motor scraes the hell out of you with it going full bore and then nothing and its even more of a fright when your foot is still firmly planted and the floor and the truck comes back to life.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the computer has no run data after a certain rpm

quit trying to blow it up man

really.,

just drive it normal and it will last alot longer, its not a race car yo.,

you have to modify the ECM data to allow it to run past about 5000 or 5500 rpm

which is red line of a stock engine anyways

blow it up i dont care, have fun
Stop trying to police what another man wanna do in regards to rev limiter ...geez enough of them in the world already

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stop trying to police what another man wanna do in regards to rev limiter ...geez enough of them in the world already
And too ...so very wrong about it taking well over a mile to reach 115mph.
i have 2001 with 4.3 and4 wheel disc..i know for certain it only takes mine a shade over a 1/4 mile to reach 129mph stock...
Your intel is wrong by far ...once u override the rev limiter which is factory set at 94mph.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have 2001 with 4.3 and4 wheel disc..i know for certain it only takes mine a shade over a 1/4 mile to reach 129mph stock...
Your intel is wrong by far ...once u override the rev limiter which is factory set at 94mph.
However; for those who wanna know...yes you must reprogram or equivalent to super tune your PCM. Cost varies from $100 to $300, depending what you wanna squeeze outta your bow tie.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,322 Posts
However; for those who wanna know...yes you must reprogram or equivalent to super tune your PCM. Cost varies from $100 to $300, depending what you wanna squeeze outta your bow tie.
Why are you digging up a 10 year old thread? Don't do that. Here's a link to the Rules.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
If anybody's data is wrong, it's yours. I own a modified Syclone, it does the quarter mile in about 12.5 seconds and the trap speed is only around 110 mph. Factory, it did the quarter mile in 13.5 seconds and didn't break 100 mph in the traps. There is no way a NA 4.3 can get to 129 mph in the quarter mile. Even down hill, with a hurricane pushing it

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.