S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sportbike Nut
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I finished the HU and sirius setup. I got a Kenwood Excelon X689 HU. I liked it for the MASK feature, and they have a decent amp in them. It sounds a whole lot better even with the stock speakers, but they still need to go.

I wired up the sirius, but haven't activated it yet. I ran the antenna through the third brakelight. I decide against installing the tuner in the 3rd seat. I found a better spot; under the glovebox. There is just enough room under there, and I don't have to ever worry about it falling off. My dad is building me a box for an RE 8 or a 10. Haven't decided yet. Then I'll get some infinity Ref's and be done with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,898 Posts
jjminch said:
Today I finished the HU and sirius setup. I got a Kenwood Excelon X689 HU. I liked it for the MASK feature, and they have a decent amp in them. It sounds a whole lot better even with the stock speakers, but they still need to go.

I wired up the sirius, but haven't activated it yet. I ran the antenna through the third brakelight. I decide against installing the tuner in the 3rd seat. I found a better spot; under the glovebox. There is just enough room under there, and I don't have to ever worry about it falling off. My dad is building me a box for an RE 8 or a 10. Haven't decided yet. Then I'll get some infinity Ref's and be done with it.
Yea that's the only eXcelon they have with the D-mask. I have
a 819 with the D-mask and like it a lot, I was going to update
to a newer KW eXcelon 990, but the 990 doesn't have the
mask. I wonder if that 979 model with the little flipout coverts
to a full D mask.. >
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14439

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,642 Posts
i went ahead and bought the X990 well cause it looks kick ass and i need a new one, it will be here tomorrow afternoon, so when i get off work i am going to throw that beast in and see what it's got.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,898 Posts
bladehines said:
i went ahead and bought the X990 well cause it looks kick ass and i need a new one, it will be here tomorrow afternoon, so when i get off work i am going to throw that beast in and see what it's got.
Yea I looked at your pic it looks killer. Would you take some
pics of it once you have it hooked up with the screen on ?
I'd like to see the display..I might still get a 990, but I really
like the MASK feature on the other ones and on my 819.
 

·
Sportbike Nut
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the MASK feature. I had one about 5 years ago in high school and it worked great. Plus at $210 shipped it wasn't a bad price for a new deck. My deck looks clean. I can't stand all the graphics and crap other decks display. They look cool for a minute, then you realize that jumpin dolphins aren't badass and just plain queer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,898 Posts
jjminch said:
I love the MASK feature. I had one about 5 years ago in high school and it worked great. Plus at $210 shipped it wasn't a bad price for a new deck. My deck looks clean. I can't stand all the graphics and crap other decks display. They look cool for a minute, then you realize that jumpin dolphins aren't badass and just plain queer.
:haha:. Yea that's what my 819 has on it now.
I like the little Formula 1 race car going by, but Charlie Tuna
bites. The more I think about it the more I want to stay with
the D mask. I've painted the 819's back of the faceplate on
the where it folds up to match the rest of the center section
where the vents and crap are, the same color. So except for
it stickin' out about an inch using a mounting kit, one
wouldn't know there was a unit it there..Well anyone
with a brain & an eyeball would, but still it doesn't look all
that bad.
 

·
Sportbike Nut
Joined
·
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Post some pics of what you painted. It sounds pretty stealthy, I like it.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top