S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dad finally got his colorado dropped for only $12.26

Its a 3/4 dop....... 3/4 yard top soil that is haha. now i need to convince the dad to really do it. some more info on the truck is its a 2005 colorado with the 5 cylinder. its got aem brute force intake and magnaflow exhaust which sounds pretty good for a 5 cylinder. next to do it get teh 98 mph govener taken off and when they come out with chips we are chipping it with a 75 shot of juice. its a pretty fun little truck.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well colorado's came with only a 4 and a 5 cylinder engine. volvo is the who made the engine for it. its saprising how much power it has

·
Banned
2,474 Posts
statix said:
lol

ill be honest dude, ive never seen a 5 cyl truck..

Most Colorados come with a 5 cyl....

·
Gone Fisting!
671 Posts
Dude those Colorado's are so.....slow.....i almost bought a base 5cy, with a 5spd and the freaking thing could not get out of it's own way i was so turned off by the thing. I mean i think they look great i really want one but there just a little to doggy for my tastes..

·
has no indigoblue2kdime.
904 Posts
1968OldsMan said:
Dude those Colorado's are so.....slow.....i almost bought a base 5cy, with a 5spd and the freaking thing could not get out of it's own way i was so turned off by the thing. I mean i think they look great i really want one but there just a little to doggy for my tastes..
arent all s10s slow?
hahahah

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
volvo made?...ummmm ive never heard that....i do hear its the I6 from the TB minus 1 though...btw i think Audi or Saab or both had I5's too not just Volvo

·
has no indigoblue2kdime.
904 Posts
i would imagine saab made the I5 in the colorado as GM owns saab
ford owns volvo so i dont think a colorado would have a 'ford' engine in them.

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
1968OldsMan said:
I knew there had to be a fault with those I5's. That motor just turns me off so bad. I think that is one of the stupidest things GM has EVER done. Between their competetors having V6's, supercharged V6's and V8's, they just had to go and do something stupid like an inline 5-cylinder. I mean even if they didn't want to go with a V style motor they could have at least put in the Trailblazer/Envoy motor and given it some balls. That inline 5 is just stupid. I'm sorry. Granted I am a 4.3 purist, but that aside, I can't believe they would drop a cylinder AND 25 horsepower for only 40 more horsepower. It just doesn't make a damn bit of sence.

I'm not saying I don't like the Colorado's. I'd love to have one. But I'd never own one of those 3.5's. I wouldn't mind a 2.8 in a regular cab. I'd like to think that would be a fun little truck with a 4-cyl that big.

·
murse
13,200 Posts
haha i was like eeeww. until i saw all the shit in the back. haha nice little truck tho.

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
1968OldsMan said:
Dude...your comparing it to your v6 5 speed? ummm thats the problem. Drive a 2.2 5 speed and get back to me on that comment.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, i wasnt meening to say that volvo made them, i just knew that they had a i5 motor and i wasnt sure if they were the ones who started it or not. i wouldnt say its slow. its faster then v6 mustangs, vr6 vw, and a couple other cars that ive raced. ive seen them run 12's with a 100 shot and some tuning.

·
has no indigoblue2kdime.
904 Posts
lowdime96 said:
Dude...your comparing it to your v6 5 speed? ummm thats the problem. Drive a 2.2 5 speed and get back to me on that comment.
:worship: the 2.2 5 speed! so fast! :rotf: :rotf:

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's an Isuzu engine, just to clear that up. The 3500 I5 is just a trailblazer 4200 I6 with a cylinder cut off, as well as the 2800 I4 just has 2 cylinders cut off. Mechanically they are all the same, except the 2800 uses a different oil filter from the 3500 and 4200. I4 = PF46, whereas the I5 and I6 use a PF61 filter.... wow... I have too much time on my hands.

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
Big Joebowski said:
It's an Isuzu engine, just to clear that up. The 3500 I5 is just a trailblazer 4200 I6 with a cylinder cut off, as well as the 2800 I4 just has 2 cylinders cut off. Mechanically they are all the same, except the 2800 uses a different oil filter from the 3500 and 4200. I4 = PF46, whereas the I5 and I6 use a PF61 filter.... wow... I have too much time on my hands.
:lol:

very intresting first post. thanks for the info though. I knew the 3.5 was a cut off 4.2. didn't know the 2.8 was a derivative of the 4.2 as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts