S-10 Forum banner

Got Neon?

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  99mXz 
#1 ·
Any body put any neon on the outside of their trucks yet? Just wondering, since a lot of people in my area are really getting into it.:uhoh:

#5 ·
I put some nice blue neon in the footwells on either side. Makes it look like a spaceship inside. And yeah, the girls love it :).

I want to put some underbody neons on but I'm having trouble deciding what to put on in terms of color. What would look good underneath a red xtreme? I was thinking of just doing red because I don't think much else goes with it. Any suggestions? Blue might be nice.

Oh, and another thing. I get quite a bit of snow during the winters and has anybody had issues with winter driving with neons and having them break / wear premateurely?

#7 ·
Yeah, I have blue underneath, and its pretty good looking. Red isn't as bright. What brand are you going with? We get the same amount of snow and people here really don't have trouble with underbody neon, they have trouble with strobe lights that are meant to be outside. I have about 2 Dozen lights all over the inside and outside of my truck and I think it looks great. Chicks do like it, even though my friends think it looks like a space shuttle. I also think that you should go with all of the same color, but it's up to you.

#8 ·
I have blue Low glow neons underneath, and 3 blue tubes inside (2 under dash, and one lighting up subs)

I have ablack truck, and the girlies always comment on them....truct me...they are check magnets!!

#10 ·
Yeah I was worried about the legality issue and what colors are allowed and what aren't. After talking to the sport shop they said that around here (Ontario, Canada) that you can have any color you please underneath just as long as the bulbs are not showing. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

I think I'm gonna wait though until next spring to put the underbody on. I'll be happy to mod out the interior with another tube or two of blue. I love it -- driving at night it feels like another world inside :)

Also glad to hear that the snow isn't an issue.

Cheers!

Wes

#11 ·
see I was told the same thing. So I asked a cop when I was out cruisin. he said dont have them on while driving on a public road. I said cool. He also said it is illegal to have blue NEON showing ANYWHERE in the cab. I was like no way!! so I decided I'd watch out. There are a few towns in my are that dont really care. Me, Layinsonomaframe, and MrXtreme2001 always cruise with our neons on and never get hassled. So it's all up to your local law. To me Blue looks the best. But if you want a pretty blue glow, not purplish go to this sight. www.lowglow.com they have the best made stuff there is for NEONS

#13 ·
You guys really like Low Glow? I had it on my last car and it never worked right. It would come on and just shut off, the transformer went out like 4 times. A major headache:bash: ! I have all Street Glow. THis **** has a life time warranty unless you break the whole bulb. That's the thing that I like, but it usually is a few bucks more. Ebay has all kinds of neon and stuff now, and the prices are really coming down.:scary:

#14 ·
I have all STREET GLOW

full neon underbody(purple, one in grill (15 inch , Broken), 3 15inch) incab, 1 one each side for passenger,driver and oneright below dome light(all purple) and 2 (3ft) Purple tubes in the bed(carpeted of course) all glemming off a 99 X reg cab Black

I love neon. :evilg: :evilg:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.