S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have been bashed and celebrated at the same time. I read 2 positive for 1 negative thread on this forum and others.

I guess the Michelin / BFG backing behind can't be totally bad.

So far, the handling on the road is ok, not super, but ok. On the dirt, these tires prove to be awesome. I got to 45 on a dirt road and they did very well.

Now, I will let you know in a few thousand miles how well they did in the long run.

I don't think they can be worse than the set of Lemans I had before or the set of Tiger Paws I had even before.

You can congratulate or mock me, now they're mounted on the truck, so here.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
They have been bashed and celebrated at the same time. I read 2 positive for 1 negative thread on this forum and others.

I guess the Michelin / BFG backing behind can't be totally bad.

So far, the handling on the road is ok, not super, but ok. On the dirt, these tires prove to be awesome. I got to 45 on a dirt road and they did very well.

Now, I will let you know in a few thousand miles how well they did in the long run.

I don't think they can be worse than the set of Lemans I had before or the set of Tiger Paws I had even before.

You can congratulate or mock me, now they're mounted on the truck, so here.
I ran them on my truck before it was lowered and then as winter tires once it was. No complaints here at all. Treadlife wasn't amazing but they performed well in the dirt and slick stuff. Not exactly the grippiest tire on regular old asphalt though.

Good cheap A/T though.

·
UglyTurd94s10
11 Posts
...Wal-Mart...no offense, but I will never understand how someone can buy tires from the same person that stocks the shelves w/ peaches over in the fruit isle...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...Wal-Mart...no offense, but I will never understand how someone can buy tires from the same person that stocks the shelves w/ peaches over in the fruit isle...
That's because the people who do your tires are not the same as those who stock the fruit.

Also I never ever buy fruit there, they are bad quality and more expensive than the little farmer's markets.

Sears sells panties and perfume, but they also have a very good tire department.

I don't get your opposition, unless you own a tire shop yourself?

·
Registered
377 Posts
actually i have some on mine too... i have kept up with rotations and pressure but i beat the hell out of them on and off road sometimes...after having them on for a little over 2 years they still have 10/32 left

they work great if you are a broke college student like me

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, I also have an Avalanche and that big baby takes a tool on my budget when I need new tires for it. I went with Hankook this time.

So all I had for the Hombre was $300 this time and the Liberators were right in the budget.

Regarding "why shop for tires at Walmart?" I'd say so many other places have tire shops: Costco, Sears... why not?

·
I have No F'ing Title
2,467 Posts
i had them on 2 of my trucks. you get good mileage out of em. i'd consider getting another set for my truck but i want something that looks a little more aggressive going down the road

1 - 14 of 14 Posts