S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pony Poacher
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok well its been a while since I posted. I finally got a LT1 for my truck. Out of a 94 ta woo.. Planning on rebuilding it from the bottom up.
Sending the block out for blueprinting asap. Gonna clean everything up the best I can.

Getting a cam from comp cams most likely. Not exactly sure which one yet, gotta do some research on what they have to offer. Got a friend with LS6 heads in pretty good shape, gonna pick those up. Uhh.. Probably gonna run up to ramchergers this weekend and check out some shit. Other than that, I have no clue what i'm going to do with it.

Already have a 4l80e trans that I never put in my truck hah. I guess i'll have to now. Gonna keep my 3.73locker for now, probably gonna take it up to the shop and havem drop in a new 4.10locker pig.

Anyone have any suggestions on any parts or anything to buy? Might as well see what you guys think. Later.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I guess I'll be the first one to point this out...
You can't put LS6 heads on an LT1, they are entirely different engines and they will not work.

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
LT4 will work though.. If you use a Lt4 ported intake manifold also..

(Guess whos coming to Pinellas park January 22nd)

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
i hope you have a bigger rearend ready to put in too because i dont know how long that 7.5" rear will hold up with 4:10s and a locker. it won't be as bad with the auto but it'll still put a lot of strain on it.

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
97 SS 350 said:
Jan 22? What in the world for??
My friend is going to check out the local campus..

Hes going for aircraft mechanic..

I just wanted to come along..

You guys allow visitors?

·
i wanna go fast
656 Posts
Also a 4l80 is for a big block. An lt1 is a small block.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
MoNkEyZQ8 said:
You guys allow visitors?
There's not much to see, but sure, swing on in.

As for the 4L80, It is a bigger beefier tranny, but I believe it will still bolt up to a small block engine.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was wondering if anyone was going to catch the LS6 heads. The 4L80E will bolt up to an LS motor with the correct bellhousing. If it's a one piece housing, then you may have to call Yank and have them make you an adapter.

·
Pony Poacher
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ahh didn't know that ls6 headers wouldnt mount to an lt1. Thought they were both 350's one was just alum. Shows how much I researched this :) Thanks for pointing this out before I dropped some cash.

As for the trans, Its off my dads 99 s10 xtreme with an lt1. Hes stripping and selling it so I took the trans heh. But yeah, I still have tons more research to do (as apparent by my first post). But I think this will turn out good. Thanks for taking the time to point out that stuff ;)

Also, i'll have to call up ring & pinion and see what they say about a rear end. I'll about getting a new r/e instead of just regearing it. Again, thanks guys..

(also. some might ask, why not have my dad just put the engine in? Well just because he knows how to do all this shit doesn't mean I do heh. I wanna learn how to do this. I've never done an engine swap so its a good time to learn. I still have another few weeks to a couple months before I swap.)

·
Registered
136 Posts
97 SS 350 said:
There's not much to see, but sure, swing on in.

As for the 4L80, It is a bigger beefier tranny, but I believe it will still bolt up to a small block engine.

can i come too! Im the kid thats checking out the campus for aircraft mechainic

Going to be attending National aviation academy at the clearwater airport

me and monkeyzq8 will be down their from Jan 22 to the 28

·
Pony Poacher
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bah.. I've been doing some research and I found that there is a way to get ls6 headers onto an LT1 block. It involves lots of grinding and an lS1 valve train :p. Got more research to do still..

·
Pony Poacher
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the url vortec, i'll check it out as soon as I get off work.

·
Banned
500 Posts
Hey, finally some more florida s-10's i'm about 30 min from that area y'all gonna be in. Let me know if you need some place to hit up i can tell y'all where to go for some fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts