S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my LT1 last Thursday, now I gotta start saving up for all the rest of the goodies for the swap. I figure I got a deal on the engine and trans, so I'm going for a totally custom wiring harness. If it all goes as planned, I'm hoping to have it finished sometime this spring or early summer.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Hey man where did you get the LT1 from and how much did you spend on it? Did you get the tranny and wiring and computer to or just the engine?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where you guys from in Illinois? I spent $550 on the engine, and $200 on the trans. It had everything but the wiring harness, and since the engine was so cheap, I figured it was a good reason to splurge on a custom harness. I posted a classified on racingjunk.com for the hell of it, and within about a week a guy e-mailed me from up in the milwaukee area saying he had an lt1 for me to check out. The only reason I'd abandon it is because of all the wiring, so that's why I'm gonna save myself the grief and have a custom harness. Other than that I'm planning on moving the radiator forward, relocating the battery, and making custom mounts and modifying the stock trans crossmember until I can afford all the fancy LHT stuff.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where you guys from in Illinois? I spent $550 on the engine, and $200 on the trans. It had everything but the wiring harness, and since the engine was so cheap, I figured it was a good reason to splurge on a custom harness. I posted a classified on racingjunk.com for the hell of it, and within about a week a guy e-mailed me from up in the milwaukee area saying he had an lt1 for me to check out. The only reason I'd abandon it is because of all the wiring, so that's why I'm gonna save myself the grief and have a custom harness. Other than that I'm planning on moving the radiator forward, relocating the battery, and making custom mounts and modifying the stock trans crossmember until I can afford all the fancy LHT stuff.

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
grndscrpr03 said:
Good luck on that swap. I hope you aren't one of the ones that abandon the swap halfway through due to complications. It'll be one mean motha once you get it done though.
You and my sister must be related, because shes telling me that too..

She also thinks its gona have 15000 invested into it by the time it runs.. I'm like.. uhhh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts