S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my dynomax super turbo put on this weekend, they guys at the muffler shop only had 2.25 pipe left so they bumped me up from 2 to 2.25 out the muffler and it comes out under teh roll pan. it sounds real good, but i lost some hp somewhere, cuz i have to floor it harder to go up the hills now. it takes off better though, so i guess its a win lose situation...i'll post pics in a bit.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is by far the worst pic i could have taken, the truck is dirty, believe it or not, that is a chrome tip, and you really only get a good view of where the exhaust comes out, but its all i got for the time being cuz i was in a hurry going back to school....:mad:

Attachments

·
SlammedEnvy
173 Posts
how does it sound?

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive only heard it at idle cuz any other time im driving it and its a little hard to hear. at idle it has a nice low rumble, i'll have to have someone drive my truck for me so i can hear what it sounds like

·
Registered
484 Posts
yes

ya i notices that too when i got mine
good take off but on hill .....
i got flowmaster duals out back 2.25 pipes

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its good to know that im not the only one that struggles goin up the hills, but i guess you have to live with some things

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Love the way my dynomax sounds...You lost the hill climbing because of the bump up in tubing size which slowed the exhaust velocity which dropped your torque a bit...But theys do sounds nice..:thumbup:

·
Registered
484 Posts
i m hopin when i put a home made K&N filter deal in, I get some power back in the highs
What another cheap mod??:thumbup:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Check the posts...I'm the DIY CHeap but effective mod whore lol:thumbup: 30 horsepower for about 200 bucks total:thumbup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey you should have ripped one off of a 360 Ram, the exhaust size is perfect and it is also Stainless. I went through 4 exhaust on mine, everything from glass packs, to turbo's and I put on the one off of a 360 and it sounds so good, got of the line power and hauls a$$ up hills.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nthdegreepower said:
Hey you should have ripped one off of a 360 Ram, the exhaust size is perfect and it is also Stainless. I went through 4 exhaust on mine, everything from glass packs, to turbo's and I put on the one off of a 360 and it sounds so good, got of the line power and hauls a$$ up hills.
dammit dammit dammit!!!! i wish i known this sooner!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I posted that before, Yeah I have tried just about all exhause even a Greddy cat back off of a Honda.(DONT ASK) Yeah the 360 off of a ram works great, Since I am strapping on a turbo I dont' know if I am going to stay with it but I will definitly be trying many more exhausts. Sorry man. You might get some mor power if you reduce the pipe by a small amount and split the exhaust just put on some phatty tips, that should give you some more up hill power and keep you hauling off the line

1 - 13 of 13 Posts