S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah and you know what, the thing was a 4 banger too LMAO. guy had a splash with a BUILT TO HELL 2.3L, i thought it was an 8 the way he took off, then i heard the blow-ff valve sneeze off what sounded like 20+ psi. i pulled him over and had a few words with him, but he claimed he was running bottom 12's, and it seemed like it by the way he left on me.

·
Visual-Insanity.org
249 Posts
Rangers are not slow. My Brother has a 99 single cab, we have chipped it, change the MAF and put in a cold air intake... it will scoot now.. granted is not as quick as mine but... for a 4banger it will scream its balls off

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the one i raced had a built 2.3L turbo from a 87 turbocoupe

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive seen what can be done to those 2.3L T's, they can be made pretty damn fast for chicken feed, the local junkyard carries every performance part you need, my brother had an '86 merkur XR4Ti that ran mid 12's with all kinda salvaged parts.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope......ramjet 430 my brotha.....just gotta save the loot :D but thats what im pushing for.

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
makes me want my turbos even more..... :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you know, shoot me for telling you all this :D, but i myself may be building a turbo ford soon after gettin my ass romped by this ranger, but not a ranger though, more along the lines of an SVO or something, or maybe an old turbo GT mustang, turbo 2.3L fords are VERY responsive to mods, ive seen guys with stock SVOs turning 13's with an exhaust, K&N, and the boost turned up a notch.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
theres a guy in my area with an '85 2.3L turbo mustang GT, built from mostly salvaged parts, and hes turning bottom 11s.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
12s with a 2.3L turbo. My brother has an '87 cougar with a 2.3L turbo just sitting in the backyard. Maybe I should buy an old ranger & try an engine swap? J/K But seriously, do you think anyone would be interested in buying it for a buildup. The motor is fine. He only quit driving it because the trans was having problems.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much does he want for it.....?? i might be the man hes looking for...... :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its cool man, its a holiday weekend, and i have a friend that lives down there that would probably enjoy a visit from me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts