S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to work around 3:30 or so in the afternoon, just about time all of the local schools in my area get out. I was minding my own business (really). As I pulled onto the road that goes to behind my workplace, 2 guys in a mustang, 87-93 body, pulled in behind me like a bat out of hell. The rode my ass for at least a 1/2 mile until I stopped to see what the hell their problem was. They said that they heard that my truck was quick. We line them up and I ate him out of the hole and then that damn stang blew by me like I was sitting in park. EMBARRASSING as hell. Proof that looks and sounds can be deceiving. I did not get a chance to see what it was running but I will find out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The best time that I have ran to date is at Motorsports park in Memphis, TN. It was a 13.28 @ 101.05. That was just a few weeks after getting everything put together and still in the fine tuning process. I would guess that I could shave at least a tenth or two off that now.
And I am positive that the stang had nitrous. Stangs are everywhere where I live like a damn plague. Every one has a bottle. Most are still slow as hell though.

·
yeah it is a REAL ss
198 Posts
That sucks dude but think of the joy you have when a 92-95 gt gets spanked by an S-10 those things are poop! My buddy at work has a 94 with the 5.slow and I give him crap all the time.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Depending on whats done to those they can be ungodly fast. I rode in a supercharged 91 that had 350HP. It was sooooo fast. I ran with a newer one on the highway the other day. It was the newer style gt & it was an auto. We both hit it down on the highway at about 55 & he stayed at my door till we let off at about 90. I have also been whooped by mustangs too. It depends on the year, the upgrades, driver, etc. I think that body style has the most potential to be lethal though. They were already pretty fast stock & the bolt-ons list goes on forever. You see alot more power gains from their bolt on than our trucks too. I wouldnt be too embarassed, your times are way more than respectable. Just remember there is always someone bigger & badder, but most of the time with times like that you will be the winner, so give credit when its due. P.S. Go whoop someone's a$$ real quick to make you feel better:)

·
Fear My Stupidity
1,293 Posts
I know most of yall hate Mustangs but I love fox-body 5.0s. I had a 88 hatch before my s-10. Light weight and quick from factory, huge performance aftermarket options, easy to work on ( as opposed to newer Z28 & TAs example: spark plug replacement) When I have the money to build one right my dream car is a turbo'd 92 or 93 coupe sleeper... check out www.turbomustangs.com

·
US Marine, Semper Fi
1,596 Posts
Just wait till one of those stock 03' Cobra's hands it to you big time. They will go into the 12's on street tires stock. With a decent driver.

I got my ass handed to me by one of those. It had a air intake magnaflows and a 14psi pully. Ran a [email protected] on streets. Really sucked!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a few new toys comin' my way. I Really wish someone in my area would buy one so I could at least see how close I come (if not outrun it). I can homestly say that a mustang in the right hands can be awesome. But for every fast one there are 20 that think they are. So just keep bustin' their pride with our dymes. LOL

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
A buddy at my work has a 03 Cobra. Don't even waste your time. Hes ran a few 12.teens at 116 mph with just the blower pulley. He also has nitto drag radials but even those dont help much when your putting down over 350rwhp I bet.

·
Registered
742 Posts
most of the stock 03 cobras are putting down 380+ at the rear wheels or so they claim. I have a 2000 z28 auto, with 3.73, lid, and hypertech. So far with shifting problems the best run is 13.1 @ 107.44. That same night there were 3 03 cobras at the track, and only one was running 13.1 he had full exhaust, blower pulley, and intake. I was not impressed with any of them. I also have a buddy with one, and his best 1/4 is a 13.5 @ 105.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
JEEZ, i guess he felt good to beat a v-6 s10. hahaha good show man, alot of s10 owners couldnt keep up v-8 mustang. oh well... now you need more NAWS!!! Two bottles!!

·
Po-rican Pimp
437 Posts
I saw an 03 Cobra the other night at orlando Speedworld Drgway with nothing more than a bower pulley and bolt ons running really really low 12's

·
Reseach and Devolopment
1,463 Posts
Red 2.8 said:
I saw an 03 Cobra the other night at orlando Speedworld Drgway with nothing more than a bower pulley and bolt ons running really really low 12's
hey man, i noticed in your sig that you made a custom CAI for your 2.8. do you have any pics or a how to on it? im trying to get a little more power outta my 2.8. thanks!

BTW sorry to whore this thread!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts