S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I took some advice and took some pics in the sun :rolleyes:
I spent about 20hrs buffing it out, but it looks awesome. so here it is.

Heres right before I took the wheel to it. Its sanded with 2000

Attachments

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
and another.
I still haven't gotten the "chevrolet" emblem for the tailgate, so I left the emblems off. and the bed is purple cause I'm going to get a spray in bedliner, so I figured why waste the time and paint?

Attachments

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check out that Maaco shine! :cool: YEAH BABY!

(BTW: dont go to Maaco and expect it to look like this :p)

Attachments

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
and another

I'm going to lower it 3/4 as soon as the parts get here (hopefully next weekend), and borrow the 17's off the 96 untill I get that one painted. I have way too many projects goin! The truck really needs detailed still, so its kinda dirty :mad:

thats my krautwagen in the background too:)

Attachments

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
I agree, It looks great! Is that a basecoat clear coat? If so did u use 2000 grit on the basecoat too? or just on the finished clear?

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the comments guys!:)

I'd say I have about 200-250 hrs start to finish (or about 4hrs a day on average, for about 2 months). It was alot of work, but then again... It had a few boo-boo's to start with, and I stripped alot of it. At least I think I have about that much time in it, or it felt that way :p

and it is base/clear, I only sanded the clear (has 3 coats of clear, probably sanded 1 off). It really didn't need it, the paint looked as good as GM..... but If I wanted it to look like every other car, I wouldn't have spent so much time on it. :cool: :D lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts