S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
funny title huh? any way, i was told the the heads on a 98 4.3 are different the those of a 99-01 4.3, and the 99-01 heads are better then the 98 ones. is this true? if so can i put the heads off a 99 newer enging on mine? also, what makes the HO engine in the 4x4 trucks 10 hp more then the 180hp that my engine is rated at? and can the parts that make it more powerful be put on my engine? any help is appreciated! thanks.:drinkhaha

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The cam is slightly different on all 96 and up 190 h.p. vs.180 h.p. motors.
Title was good had me looking, especially with in the bat cave as a back up post.

·
Registered
619 Posts
964pt3 said:
The cam is slightly different on all 96 and up 190 h.p. vs.180 h.p. motors.
Title was good had me looking, especially with in the bat cave as a back up post.
Geesh I didn't know I had a reputation.

·
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GONADS AND STRIFE, GONADS AND STRIFE, GONADS AND STRIFE......

....... GONADS IN THE LIGHTNING, IN THE LIGHTNING, IN THE RAIN!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: Re: Got Head?

y2k xtreme said:

hey, the Xtreme has the same engine...the HO:D:D:D:D

don't forget us!lol:D

Are you kidding or are you being serious? I don't think all if any of the 4.3L Xtremes have the "HO". I think it is just the 4x4's. You can get an X with a 2.2L, so I don't see why the 4.3L would have to be the HO?

The chevy website only shows a difference in 5 ft-lbs of torque between the 4wd and the 2wd? I don't want this to turn into a pissing match, I just want to know for sure. I think it would be cool if GM actually put a HO engine in the X as standard equipment.

·
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MightyMouseJ5 said:
funny title huh? any way, i was told the the heads on a 98 4.3 are different the those of a 99-01 4.3, and the 99-01 heads are better then the 98 ones. is this true? if so can i put the heads off a 99 newer enging on mine?
k, now can anyone answer this one for me?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
the s10 have 180 hp the 4x4 are 190 hp also the blazers are 190 hp

the last year of the regular 4.3 was 1998 it was the lf6 with 170 hp this had a different cam the HO L35 had 180 since it had a different cam

the reason the blazers and 4x4 have 10 more hp is because of the y pipe. the blazer and 4x4 are wider just take a look at them.

the SS modles came with the HO L35 AND so do the xtremes, so do the 4x4 and blazers, but like i said the 4x4 and blazers have have bigger y pipes so thats where the upped hp and torque figures come

tony

·
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, the reason i ask is cause i am thinking about running a camshaft from crane cams that is designed to work with our computers. and what i was wondering is if i put it in does that mean ill gain ten more hp on that mod than a HO/L35 motor, not overall hp but just how much the mod is worth. for example if i gain 45 hp with it would a HO/L35 motor only gain 35hp. making the total out put on both engines 215hp?:confused: thanks:drinkhaha

·
Registered
201 Posts
98 onnos:

All little clarity.

It's just the 4X4's and blazers w/ the bigger y-pipe or does this include the xtremes? Obviosly the post 98 models.

·
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i forgot to ask.........

so can i take a y-pipe off an HO engine from a 4x4 blazer and put it on my truck? can i use JBA headers with it?:confused:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Well I can tell you this.The 190 H.P. motor was available on any truck, it was a special option at least from 96-98, stock motors in all trucks were 180 H.P. The Y-pipes are exactly the same, no difference. The cam had slightly different duration and the OBD2 had a slightly different tune, that is it. I have a 190 H.P. 1996 'W' motor a know this to be true. I was going to add a cam and when I found out that the aftermarket cam wasnt that much different, only in lift, I added 1:6 crower roller rockers, it was easier to add these than to tear it down for a cam. The stock y-pipes are 2 inch in diameter, but have 2 crimp areas in them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts