S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the truck dropped this weekend....had a pain with the lower ball joints on the spindles both sides......you guys have this problem....I used a pickle fork to get the lower ones to pop finally after a few big blows, but messed up the boot ont eh ball joints....
do you guys know if you can get new boots for the joints or do you have to get new ball joints....
the rear was easy, but I am worried about the front ball joints....greased them up but I think they will let grease out and let dirt in.....
oh yeah the rotors seem to make a little rubbing noise when I turned them....but couldnt find anything that it was rubbingon.....
I would appreciate it if you guys would fill me in on what I did wrong, but more important what I can do to get he ball joints back wehre they need to be.....havent got it aligned, but i love the way it looks......thanks

·
Beyond Basic.
2,295 Posts
dont worry about the balljoint, what year is the truck anywayz? If you are going to do a drop its always a good idea to change the balljoints anywayz because then they'd be new and u know there not going to screw u over in 2 weeks after the drop right? it always takes a bunch of hits to get a balljoint loose. Well not always but usually. the squeeking i cant tell u what it was, because if nothing is rubbing maybe u have a rock in between the caliper and the rotor?! I'm not sure

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the truck is a 2000 and the ball joints should be fine....does anyone know if there are replacement boots for balljoints on the market?
or am I better off to get new ball joints installed when I get an alignment?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ball Joint Boots

I read another post that said replacement boots are available, chech with your local parts stores.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
the rubbing could be the dust shield rubbing on the rotor, check the bottom side , mine did anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts