S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got duals on my truck. It is a little glasspack welded directly to th flange on the cat, then a t-pipe and then 3.5" tips goin out the corners in the back. It is loud, just like i wanted. AND it sounds really good. I will have pics of the tailpipe setup tomarrow after I get off work.

Oh, and one last thing. All you who said "glasspacks are dumb" and that they sound like shit can go **** yourselves cause its the best soundin V6 i've ever heard.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
If it is indeed "the best soundin V6 you've ever heard", lets hear a soundclip of it then.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
you never heard my S-10 with duals either...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to post a soundclip of it but i have no way to take the soundclip, and soundclips dont give a true sound. I once put up a soundclip of a flowmaster 40 series delta on a 4.3 and the soundclip made it sound louder and good, when it was quiet and sounded bad. And i wasnt implying that mine sounds better than yours, I was just stating that there arent any V6s around here that i have heard that sound this good. BTW, anyone know any good picture hosting services?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I was more so referring to the glasspack, I have heard numerous v6's and v8's with these and they all sounded ratty, that is why I would like to hear what a dual out setup with a glasspack sounds like.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
the problem about soundclips of exhausts is that normal computer speakers cant reproduce the exhaust note accurately, because the speakers cant reproduce the low frequencies the exhaust makes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have spent more time drivin my truck and I still like the sound. The one thing i can tell you about it is that if you are sitting still and rev it, it sounds like shit, but under normal driving conditions when not accelerating hard it sounds good.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
free_rider20 said:
I have spent more time drivin my truck and I still like the sound. The one thing i can tell you about it is that if you are sitting still and rev it, it sounds like shit, but under normal driving conditions when not accelerating hard it sounds good.
LOL, I wouldn't want it to sound like shit at any point, driving or not.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
have fun replacing the glass packs every 3 months what a waste of money. should have just got a flow master, would be way cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally got a chance to take some pics of the setup. BTW, all labor, piping, tips, and muffler were $240. The guy said that next time they were going to charge a lot more for doin duals on a blazer cause it had so much custom work.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Too bad they made the tips stick out so much, I would definitely just cut those off and put some tips that look like they belong there on.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Not to flame or anything, but I'd take it back and get those tips reworked, the look pretty goofy

Caleb

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
looks like something the special kid down the block would put on his truck....no offense.

·
No S-Series... Just a GTO
11,225 Posts
Hey man.. Im sure it sounds good and everything.. But take it back and make them fix the tips.. Put some dual tips on there or something, or makes them straight.. Well.. thats what i would do, I guess if you like it, it dont matter what other people think!

·
Registered
8 Posts
sholda got dual rear side exits woulda looked so much better

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The pics dont show it but from a vehicle behind me the tips look awesome. The reason I went with the tips goin out the corners is cause everyone has duals runnin out the back and I wanted something different. Some of the pics do make it look goofy but it is prolly the angle and all cause it looks so much better in person. I am plannin on trying to get some sound clips sometime soon if possible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts