S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Have you seen my stapler?
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4" blocks in the rear with a pulled leaf and I was wondering if I cut the bumpstop brackets off will my frame hit the axle?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
it might a c notch would be your best bet

·
www.putfile.com/sokr2004
147 Posts
ya, c-notch would be perfect. but if you arent crazy about cutting your frame...get some low profile bumpstops and bolt them directly onto the frame over your axle just incase you do hit

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
It depends on the way your truck sits. That setup will give you approx 5.5 drop in the back. Some people go down to a 6 in the back and do not notch. And they only hit on larger bumps. I have dropped plenty of trucks and it just depends on the truck. I got lucky with my 2 s10s and did not need to notch until bags. Best thing I say to do is measure after you cut the brackets out. If you have 2 or more inches of travel and good shocks in the rear you should be ok. If not or if you find yourself bottoming out a lot, then just notch it. I do not recommend cutting the frame unless you really have a need to.

·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate all the help looks like im gonna have to cut them off this weekend cause hitting the bumpstop brackets everytime I go over a bump sucks.

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
BigDaddyB2k3 said:
I appreciate all the help looks like im gonna have to cut them off this weekend cause hitting the bumpstop brackets everytime I go over a bump sucks.
Oh you were talking about the brackets. I thought we were talking about notching after cutting them out. Yeah you will need to remove the brackets.

·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
burple said:
Oh you were talking about the brackets. I thought we were talking about notching after cutting them out. Yeah you will need to remove the brackets.
Well I was just tryin to see after I cut them out am I gonna be hitting frame to axel but im just gonnna cut them and if so ill notch it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts