S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bag brackets are bending....
is it cuz i dont have a bridge?

do i need to grind them off and reweld them or is there a way to bend them back?

·
User Registered
1,931 Posts
pics of setup? nevermind i found a pic and a bridge wouldn't help much with the brackets you have. if you could work with something like this bridge...http://www.suicidedoors.com/Generation2BridgeKit.php

or if you don't want to go that route, bend them back to shape and move them as close to the frame/notch as possible so there's not so much load bearing weight riding on the end of the brakets..

·
User Registered
1,931 Posts
or if you don't want to go that route, bend them back to shape and move the bags as close to the frame/notch as possible so there's not so much load bearing weight riding on the end of the brakets..[/quote]

sorry fixed that sentence^^^

we all know how it goes, but your truck looks real nice. so keep on keepin on...

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
naw i'll get on the phone with sd tommorow and talk to them about the gen 3 bridge kit. but all i need is just the upper plates and the steel tubing so hopefully it wont hurt too much... plus i have another steel tube that came for the shock mounting so i'll weld it in there to for a lil extra support

i wanted that bridge kit in the first place i just couldnt afford it at the time...
thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts