S-10 Forum banner

what should i do, so i'll be able to stop from tearing my crossmember bolts off

• save for bout a year and get bags

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • go ahead and get hydro's, so i can lift it and lower

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • get a slammed crossmember and still drag on everything and get stuck ( i have a 5/6 drop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • just leave it the way it is

Votes: 1 3.8%
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Whudup?
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 94 standerd cab, short bed super sten has a 5/6 drop with 16in wheels wraped in 205/55/16's. My frame is sitting 3in's off the ground, and my tranny crossmember is only like 1 and a half inches off the ground. Now i would love to have bags, dont get me wrong. I love the pssst of bags so much. My crossmember brakes off the bolts at the bootem off it after every scrape. I have $2000 and i am i desperate need of some form of lifting my truck, and their is no way i will lift my truck back up. I'm thinking of hydro's. I just want fbss movment. Are hydro's so bad. I'm just wanting them because i can get them installed and have them for alittle uner $2000. I would save the $ to get bags, but, i dont have a job at the moment, im 16, so it's hard to get a really good job. Am i doing the right thing by getting hydro's.

p.s im not going to old school it or anything, and im wanting some kind of lift before mini truckin nationals in TN

Attachments

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
If you've got $2000 right now, that's more than enough for a decent bag setup. Hell, the Easystreet Air to Steel kit runs 995, and it's completely bolt on. Or you could go with a their bolt-on 3-link, Easystreet front kit and one of the air management systems and still probably keep it under 2 grand. Mind you that's just one company, there are tons of reputable air system builders and dealers out there. Just look around, ask around, and stay away from hydros. I'd never run hydros in a daily driver, IMO. They leak and they ride like crap. If you hafta save up a bit for bags, then do it...you'll be happier in the long run.

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
RJ, the bolt-on kits are very straight forward. I'm gonna be doing the front myself and getting help doing the back..... I think if I can do it, pretty much anyone can :D

·
626 Posts
PisOnCavalier said:
haha, chick working on her truck, let me know when you get a friend in N. IL w/a dropped truck.
lol... why am I wasting my time in the custom business?? I should be spending time on a "buy a girl like me" business.... hehe
I'd be making all kinds of money shipping them all over the world.........

thanks for the comps :D

·
626 Posts
:D

I hear that around here ALL the time.......
it's funny when I call suppliers and they always have to ask me twice where I'm calling from and then they ask who the owner of the company is............. they find it strange that I'm the owner.
It's pretty cool though, I have fun with it............ lol

·
626 Posts
lol.........

I'll start a thread to take orders :D

It'll be called "Northern Touch Hoochies........"

:D

·
626 Posts
hehe....

yeah, but then it wouldn't make sense 'cause I'd be shipping them from Canada......

Actually that would work out good for you guys 'cause they'd be so used to the cold weather that they'd be too hot in the south and they'd be taking their clothes off all the time............. lol :D

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.