S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is a 96 model extended cab 2wd stepside. 4.3 automatic. It's all stock even down to the air filter except for the shift kit which doesnt really help anything anyways. The truck I'm racing will be my bothers 93 model 1st gen standard cab 2wd 4.3. They both have 90k miles on the engine and both have 3.42 gearing, He has a Flowmaster muffler which I don't see helping really. So who do you think will win this race? We're planning on racing from about 15-90 mph. Btw his 93 model runs a little stronger than any of the other 1st gen S10s I've ridden in. So do you guys have any predictions on the outcome?

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
I predict your brother will win, because he has less weight. Other than that, trucks are very similar.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My brothers is automatic. Same as mine.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How would it come down to the driver when it's between 2 automatics on a long straight road with 0 traction issues? I'm not being a smart ass to any of you though. Fill me in on that part please.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We just ran em. So we line up at 15 mph. I give the 3 honks and he gets a small jump on me. Guess he was a little anxious. But it was only a slight jump. Maybe a fender length. From 15 mph until about 70 I was inching my way back up. And I mean inching. Not really pulling. As soon as mine hit 3rd at around 70 mph I started pulling him. Then we had to let off at about 80 or so. By 80 mph we were dead even. By the way I had 75 lbs more passenger weight than he did so I guess my truck is a little quicker but still a really good race.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts